My serpentine belt will not stop sqeaking. I have changed the belt and the tensioner. It did not stop it. I can sprinkle some ajax on the pulleys and it will quiet down for about a day. but it always starts again. The vehicle runs fine. Its just annoying. any suggestions would be appreciated.
Belt noise on 1992 Ford Escort
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by DaveJM ,
April 11, 2011
Sounds as if one of your pulleys is causing drag or making noise. Check your idler pulley and make sure it's not binding. Check the alternator and ac compressor for free rotation. Make sure the pulleys are all aligned properly. If all else fails try yet another belt from another source to verify it's not just a dry belt you installed.
3 answersApril 03, 2013
1 answerMay 12, 2010
1 answerFebruary 21, 2011
Verified for the Ford Escort49 reports
1 answerOctober 09, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- I have a 1993 ford escort was driving down the ran out gas car died and will not
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
1992 Ford Escort Estimates
- Rear Main Seal Replacement ($534 - 688) in Smithers, WV
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($95 - 125) in Leland, MI
- Oil Pump Replacement ($469 - 611) in Wood Dale, IL
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($88 - 182) in Keithville, LA
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($149 - 175) in Webster Springs, WV
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($204 - 249) in Pep, TX