A few months back my battery needed to be replaced so a friend replaced it for me. The positive battery terminal connector needed to be replaced so when he did replace it he just put the wires together and wrapped it with electrical tape. Some of the tape came off and one of the wires touched metal. The car won't start now and the power locks don't work or anything. Does anyone have an idea as to what it could be?
battery//electrical on 1991 Chevrolet Caprice
by jazzers424 in Fort Lauderdale, FL on June 12, 2010
ANSWER by HandyAndy51 , January 01, 2016
It's possible you blew a inline fuse. There is a inline fuse on the inner fender, same side as battery. if that is blown it won't start, also possible it would keep other items from working. I'm not sure how mechanical you are but it can be checked a couple of ways. You can jump the wire or it can be checked with a meter.