The battery on my Ford Taurus keeps draining. The car is fine after I get a boost off. The car continues to drive and run fine. The car doesnt start if I leave the radio on or have the interior lights on when the car is off. It seems as though the car gets drained when the car is off, but the car is fine when driving and only running accessories while the car is on. Does this sound like a bad battery or alternator?
Battery or Alternator? on 2007 Ford Taurus
ANSWER by orangeyellowdog,
September 08, 2011
The alternator isn't properly charging the battery, or the battery is dead and can't keep a charge. Check both. Battery store can help you figure it out. They can test the battery and see if it holds a charge and then if it does it's the alternator...
4 answersJuly 11, 2014
1 answerJanuary 17, 2012
1 answerJuly 22, 2015
1 answerJanuary 02, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- Why does my steering wheel shake when I'm braking during deceleration?
- small leak trans pan gasket. said need thicker gasket. Tighten bolt order. .
- If I paid 535 get my car to pass a smog and the engine light still stays on so
- Car bounces and tire rod problems
- I'm changing plugs and did not pay attention to the wire connecting order