I had my battery fail although not even a year old replaced the alternator and the battery failed again so I replaced the battery after I start the car the alternator starts charging but as soon as I drive it fails and the car runs off the battery kkilling it
battery not charging on 1997 Lincoln Town Car
ANSWER by Dave_sab.,
January 28, 2011
Test the voltage output of the alternator. The output should be between 13.5-14.5 volts. Although the alternator was replaced there may be a possibility that it is defective. Also check the battery cables and make sure they are not secure and in good condition.
2 answersApril 05, 2015
1 answerOctober 16, 2011
4 answersSeptember 18, 2010
3 answersFebruary 13, 2011
1 answerNovember 05, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Lincoln Town Car Questions
- Im getting 3 codes -61318-61869-61676 ??? I haven't seen codes like this yet ?
- Car won't run at full power. Keeps shaking and shutting off.
- Under dash my headlights, interior lights, turn signals and park lights wont wor
- the steering wheel is locked up an can't get it unlocked.the key is in the
- My towncar only moves in reverse .transmission filter &fluid new