a week ago i change my alternator with a new one and the battery lights at my dashboard came back, in the morning when i go to work after 10 minutes of driving the lights went off and it happens the last 2 days and today its showing again when i went to lunch . auto zone did check on it and tech said both alternator and battery is in good shape. i saw an open wire connected on the negative cable of my battery and is attached to the body side of the vehicle and i wrapped it with electrical tape and re-attache it, i don't know if this something to do with the lights coming out. please advise and thanks in advance.
battery lights came back after a week when i change my alternator. on 1997 Toyota 4Runner
Asked by for the 1997 Toyota 4Runner
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota 4Runner Questions
- My transmission will only shift easily when the car is warm for 30 mins. minimum
- Shifting hard when warmed up, feels like a hard bump after it shifts in low gear
- the gear shift is stuck in Park. when brake is depressed.
- VSC,TRAC and engine light turn on when rear window defrost is turned on.
- How to kill VSC OFF, VSC TRAC & ENGINE lights that stay on?
1997 Toyota 4Runner Estimates
- Rear Main Seal Replacement ($554 - $730) in Granada, CO
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($398 - $634) in Forest River, ND
- Power Door Lock Actuator Replacement ($335 - $458) in Salem, NH
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($328 - $555) in Crary, ND
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($69 - $115) in Sandy, UT
- Engine Control Module (ECM) Replacement ($1,002 - $1,497) in Jericho, VT