My battery check light goes on - att first intermittanly, now almowt on all the time. Have had it to 2 shops and battery is OK as well as the alternator output. No problem with starting or anything else.
battery light on 2004 Ford Escape
BEST ANSWER by dandd ,
October 01, 2009
the battery light circuit has a problem. it may be a bad ground, an intermittent open, or something is leaking voltage in to the circuit. I would find a good electrical shop. I would have your instrument panel scanned as well at a good shop.
1 answerJanuary 19, 2017
Some kind of electrical problem, none of my local mechanics can figure it out. Battery light flashes and car loses power. What could it be?
2 answersJune 03, 2016
3 answersMarch 18, 2010
1 answerApril 29, 2010
1 answerNovember 24, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escape Questions
- While driving a blinking blue light flashes the whole distance onto the shifter
- Where is the fan/temp control switch on a 2.3 2005 Escape
- ABS light came on. Touched brakes and light and radio went off. Repeated. turned
- How do you replace the rear seatbelts?
- Why am I hearing a knocking when turning the steering wheel either way?
2004 Ford Escape Estimates
- 20,000 Mile Service ($125 - 181) in Waverly, PA
- 150,000 Mile Service ($387 - 587) in Fisty, KY
- Coolant Reservoir Replacement ($141 - 188) in Fincastle, VA
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Rear ($518 - 1,124) in Bethany, IL
- Power Steering System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Edgewater, FL
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($320 - 534) in Atwood, OK