How often do ball joints need to be replaced and how can I tell if they're going bad? I have had all four replaced in the last 5 yrs and now am told by one garage that one has 1/4 in. left and needs replacing now, while another garage says the lower ones "have too much play" and need replacing again! Who do I believe?
Ball joint replacement on 1997 Ford Explorer
Asked by Visitor for the 1997 Ford Explorer
1 answerMarch 21, 2015
3 answersNovember 06, 2009
1 answerJanuary 23, 2011
1 answerFebruary 05, 2011
2 answersJuly 29, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- I bought my car and was told i needed to get a new sink row.
- Will not come out of drive stays in it even in reverse.
- when filling gas tank gas pump shuts off like tank is full ,unless you fill very
- How can I trick the PCM into thinking there is a speed sensor, its engine swap.
- Replaced Ford range control it still goes forward in reverse.