How often do ball joints need to be replaced and how can I tell if they're going bad? I have had all four replaced in the last 5 yrs and now am told by one garage that one has 1/4 in. left and needs replacing now, while another garage says the lower ones "have too much play" and need replacing again! Who do I believe?
Ball joint replacement on 1997 Ford Explorer
Asked by for the 1997 Ford Explorer
1 answerMarch 21, 2015
3 answersNovember 06, 2009
1 answerJanuary 23, 2011
1 answerFebruary 05, 2011
1 answerNovember 02, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- What do I do if doing it my self
- rear wiper stop working could hear motor engaging.Replaced motor with a new one.
- My suv is making a clicking noise when i turn the heat on.
- We lost our key fob. Had explorer towed to dealership.
- on a on a 1999 Ford Explorer how do you check the fuel relay two know whether?
1997 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($144 - $177) in Lehigh, IA
- AC Condenser Replacement ($413 - $565) in Enderlin, ND
- Canister Purge Valve Replacement ($136 - $167) in Brownsville, MN
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($250 - $341) in Saulsbury, TN
- Engine Mount Replacement ($145 - $163) in Van Horne, IA
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($319 - $370) in Refugio, TX