How often do ball joints need to be replaced and how can I tell if they're going bad? I have had all four replaced in the last 5 yrs and now am told by one garage that one has 1/4 in. left and needs replacing now, while another garage says the lower ones "have too much play" and need replacing again! Who do I believe?
Ball joint replacement on 1997 Ford Explorer
Asked by Visitor for the 1997 Ford Explorer
1 answerMarch 21, 2015
3 answersNovember 06, 2009
1 answerJanuary 23, 2011
1 answerFebruary 05, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- i have no power to the heat and air control module no display no blower fan
- My truck won't turn over. I replaced the starter. Now it won't turn start
- Removing coil spring from strut. I used spring compressors to compress spring.
- How do I change a burned out lamp in the steering wheel controls?
- how do i disarm anti theft system PAT
1997 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Strut Replacement - Rear ($581 - 675) in Lehigh, IA
- 55,000 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in Enderlin, ND
- 75,000 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in Brownsville, MN
- Radiator Replacement ($562 - 828) in Saulsbury, TN
- Windshield Wiper Arm Replacement ($72 - 79) in Van Horne, IA
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($301 - 998) in Refugio, TX