I have a 01 grand caravan with 3.8 AWD and I am get about 14.5 miles per gallon highway. it has an 06 motor I got the same milage on the old motor also get codes 0172 and 0455.
bad fuel mileage on 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan
ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
August 26, 2009
The P0172 code is for a rich running condition and the P0455 is from a leak in the evaporative system. The P0172 code is the one that will effect the fuel economy and the diagnostic procedures related to that code need to be performed.
- 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Repair and Maintenance
- 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Maintenance Schedule
- 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Problems(33)
- 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Repair Estimates
- 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Q&A(139)
- 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Recalls(4)
- 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Shops
- 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Reviews(5)
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Grand Caravan Questions
- Stop running while I was driving.what can cause it
- Driver's side heat blows cold while passenger side is hot. Any easy/cheap fixes?
- Why does the heater sometimes blows cold air
- Why did both key fobs stop working except to start van?
- I have a vibration in the front end of my van more so when I am accelerating
2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Estimates
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Highfalls, NC
- Water Pump Replacement ($296 - 492) in Norwich, KS
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($95 - 125) in Rosebush, MI
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($277 - 360) in Tripp, SD
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($544 - 598) in Bokeelia, FL
- Suspension Leaf Spring Replacement ($344 - 377) in Fairmount City, PA