I have a 91 f 150and it cranks and idle great, but at times while i'm driving it backfires and seems as if its out of gas, but when i click the fuel auxiliary switch from front to rear and buck to the front it run right for 2 or 3 minutes and start all over again. Can someone please give me some insight on this problem thanks.
Backfiring from the throttlebody on 1991 Ford F-150
This week's top 10
Recent Ford F-150 Questions
- Bucks when hot outside.
- What is a reasonable price for removing the motor out of wrecked ford truck?
- Reasons for an incomplete smog. Could a nonfunctional heater be the cause?
- wondering about cost and difficulty of replacing a damaged flywheel
- Fuel pump makes a thumping sound and idle at low rpms and will die shortly after
1991 Ford F-150 Estimates
- Transfer Case Fluid Replacement ($47 - 61) in Oakman, AL
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($127 - 212) in Armington, IL
- Electrical System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Lopez, PA
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($539 - 874) in Cheshire, OH
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($577 - 911) in Northbrook, IL
- Engine Mount Replacement ($635 - 957) in Seymour, IL