AWD Problem on 2004 Buick Rainier

SUV is stuck in AWD and will not return to 2WD. What is the problem and how do I fix this?

by in Albany, NY on July 01, 2010
2 answers
ANSWER by on July 01, 2010
Sounds like the transfer case is not responding to your input. Really need to have a shop look at this, because it could be a mechanical or electrical issue or both. http://repairpal.com/directory?address=12208&car_brand_names=Buick
2 people like thisFlag inappropiateReply
ANSWER by on February 26, 2011
our rainier did that.......we had to have the differential replaced........thank god we bought the exdended warrenty
I have a 2004 Rainier with AWD/5.3L V-8 and when I reach 25-30 mph there is a humming like sound that almost sounds like the tranny is stuck. I filled my AWD transfer case and the noise is still th...
My 2004 AWD Buick Rainier at 25 MPH makes a thud sound and then between 30 -35 MPH the car seems to studder. Does anyone know what can cause this?
I suspect awd stuck on when going slow and try turning on dry pavement front end shudders and vehicle barely moves. both directions. seem to have no others problems when driving. I would guess that...
fuel mieage on local & highway, using high or low grade fuel, increasingly getting worse. Bought from dealer 1 year ago doing 16.0mpg, now down to 14.2mpg. no signs anywhere. mechanics won't look a...