1990 Honda Accord Q&A

1990 Honda Accord Question: automatic transmission problem?

ok, I own a 1990 honda accord DX with only 147000 miles on it. just recently my "S" light starts blinking. according to my research this means an electrical problem, but I do not know where start. it always shifts from 1st into 3rd. never 2nd or 4th. my TCU has a red LED which blinks 7 times. I dont know what that means in error codes so if anyone know TCU codes please let me know :) -
you have a shift solenoid problem, wiring or sensor most likely 2nd gear solenoid -
Comment 1
Darn... i was hoping it was just the TCU which is only around 150 or so but this part costs like 250?! im not sure what the best thing to do financially. transmission shops will probably cost me a good penny -
Automatic transmission failures are common, Automatic transmission failure on these vehicles will generally require overhaul or replacement of the transmission. In the event of a  failure, it ...
On certain models, a transmission solenoid can short-circuit and illuminate the Check Engi...
My transmission jerks when it is shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. When it shifts it feels like my wheels are getting and extra spin.
I've heard that doing a full transmission fluid flush can cause debris to be dislodged and circulated into the torque converter thus causing potential damage to an automatic transmission, is this t...
Transmission "D" light has started blinking. Use to blink a little long time ago but now blinks constantly. Car and transmission workd normally. Fluid level is normal.