I am interested to know what a complete auto transmission exchange or overhaul would cost, and any warranty is included, within 30 miles of my area. Thanks
automatic transmission on 1990 Ford Ranger
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by dandd ,
April 17, 2009
It is about $ 2200 - $2500 for a good over haul with a new/rebuilt torque converter. There are several good transmission shops. Bryant Transmission in SF is one I have used and they are ATRA certified. Ask for George. He is very fair, honest and really knows his stuff.
Verified for the Ford Ranger27 reports
2 answersMarch 14, 2011
1 answerMarch 27, 2011
Verified for the Ford Ranger23 reports
2 answersOctober 19, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Ranger Questions
- When driving truck in overdrivie it cuts out like it's not firing all cylinders
- How do you replace the idle air bypass valve?
- When coming to a stop sign/light or slowing for a turn, the engine stalls.
- Intermittent popping noise while in 4WD, and acts like it's trying to disengage.
- Why can't I get 4x4 switch to turn off ?
1990 Ford Ranger Estimates
- Rear Main Seal Replacement ($490 - 648) in Warwick, NY
- 52,500 Mile Service ($53 - 93) in Oglethorpe, GA
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($118 - 192) in Norwich, OH
- Battery Replacement ($135 - 179) in Rockwood, TX
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($69 - 82) in Harmony, PA
- Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement ($25 - 30) in Senatobia, MS