With increasing frequency, the automatic gear shifter on my Lexus LS400 (1997) gets stuck in D3 and can't move up to N R or P (although it will move down to 2 and L). I have to just keep trying to move it up by going down and back up again until the shifter eventually moves pass D3. What could be the problem and how much will it set me back to fix it.
Automatic gear shifter gets stuck on 1997 Lexus LS400
This week's top 10
Recent Lexus LS400 Questions
- Left hand side under dash
- On the driver side up under the dash
- Some times my car will not shift out of first gear if the light are on .
- When I apply the brakes at low speed mainly in reverse there is a popping sound
- good battery turn the key nothing emergency shut-off or security back-ups may have been engaged dont know for sure