While driving my automatic, it did not want to go into the next gear as speed increased. Later that night, it would start up but not reverse or drive when put into gears. It would only ease forward as if it were in neutral. I checked the transmission fluid and it was quite low, so I put about 4 quarts of fluid in it. Since it began not reversing or driving, the battery has been dying. What is your professional opinion as to what may be wrong with the car? How much will it cost to repair?
Automatic car won't reverse or drive when put into gear. on 2001 Honda Civic
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Civic Questions
- Dash lights become dim when I use headlights and my a/c and heat stopped working
- The alternator and battery both work but battery is still not being charged.
- what causes my 2001 Honda civic stall and squeal when I turn on the A/C or heat
- How do I get the MAP sensor off? It looks like it's held on by rivets, not screw
- Engine light came on got the code to replace air control valve .
2001 Honda Civic Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($277 - 360) in Spring Glen, NY
- Oil Pump Replacement ($654 - 822) in Grantham, PA
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($221 - 367) in Laurel Bloomery, TN
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($204 - 302) in Ashville, OH
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($268 - 321) in Megargel, AL
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($483 - 505) in Kelseyville, CA