Reviews for Audi A6 Quattro years:

Audi A6 Quattro Reviews and Owner Comments

Audi A6 QuattroOwner Reviews (26 reviews)
  • 2004 Audi A6 Quattro
    Visitor, Bethesda, MD, November 18, 2014 12:19
    Some plastic fittings on the front passenger seat have failed. Several painted surfaces on the headlight switch, mirror switch and heating and A/C controls have worn off. The radio on/off button has come off. The front suspension needs relatively frequent repairs. The roads are terrible around here. Water pump and oil cooler replace at different times. The latter repair VERY expensive.
    ivormack, Tacoma, WA, March 28, 2013 09:03
    This is an Exciting lovely roomy car, and good mpg.on a drive 42 mpg, according to the in car computer. I need to buy a additional ignition key, and the Audi dealer wasn't £240.00. I hpope there is another way.
  • 1997 Audi A6 Quattro
    BGPilot, Rincon, GA, March 18, 2013 04:15
    Owned the vehicle for nearly 7 years now. No major maintainence/repair work has been required. However, I have performed most of my own routine maintainence; such as brakes, timing belt and routine fluid changes. The car is Quattro (all-wheel drive) and has had drivetrain seal issues (I have had a shop replace twice $150/ea).
  • 2008 Audi A6 Quattro
    Visitor, Boca Raton, FL, March 09, 2013 15:40
    Rear seat belt tab dissapeared into the retractor cover never to be seen again. Can't find an easy way to pull it back out unless one takes appart all of the trim panels. Any suggestions??
  • 1995 Audi A6 Quattro
    Visitor, Sheboygan, WI, May 08, 2012 15:21
    my audi has a check engine light on and stopped running about 2 weeks ago the oil is leaking and i want to know why it wont run anymore
  • 2000 Audi A6 Quattro
    Visitor, Philadelphia, PA, February 26, 2012 12:18
    my audi starts and drives great till the temperture reaches hqalf way on gauge then it cuts off when i stop although it starts right back up
    Visitor, Alliance, OH, December 23, 2011 14:06
    tranny doesnt seem to be shifting manually or automatically floor boards got wet at one time heard tranny solenoids are below driver seat is this true and what possible repairs can i look at,not a mechanic either
    pinocio, Dublin, CA, April 24, 2011 11:49
    Audi A 6 quatro is like a pretty woman at times , costs a fortune to maintain and can break your heart from time to time but when she is good ,she is very good
  • 2003 Audi A6 Quattro
    Visitor, Jacksonville, FL, April 05, 2011 09:44
    I love this car
  • 2004 Audi A6 Quattro
    Visitor, Urbana, IL, March 21, 2011 17:39
    i love my a6
  • 2003 Audi A6 Quattro
    Kazz, Silver Spring, MD, February 22, 2011 11:17
    I own an 03 A6 4.2Qtr.Sports Pkg.Great SLEEPER!!!Quality of engineering shows thru & thru what with an interior fit & finish & classic styling that's ageless @92kmiles. Need chunky c/crd for repair costs.Premature suspension & control link bushings wear.Need accurate diagnosis to fix.ABS/VSA lights flash.Have replaced module once $1700.00.Car smells like its burning oil but not based on dip-stick level.Can run quite hot on 90+ degree weather. Unstoppable in inclement weather with right tires.Can be tail-happy for a 4wd.Will buy another one.A8L/Sprt pkg
  • 1995 Audi A6 Quattro
    Visitor, Forest Grove, OR, December 07, 2010 12:59
    This audi randomly sputters and dies, hot and cold. Cleaned the MAF sensor and going to check the crank sensor and cam sensor. We'll see if that helps. The AWD is awesome and the diff lock button has come in handy. I would love this car if it were reliable.
  • 1996 Audi A6 Quattro
    Visitor, Minneapolis, MN, November 27, 2010 14:20
    Best car ever !!!!
  • 1996 Audi A6 Quattro
    iluvmyoldaudi, Minneapolis, MN, November 27, 2010 14:20
    I bought this car in a pinch, used for $4500 with 167,000 miles on it 2 years ago. Last year I replaced the water pump, timing belt, etc. I've driven it with very few problems to 213,000 miles....I am now replacing the starter due to a broken ignition switch. I live in MN -- and the other night it sat outside over night in -25degree weather -- it fired right up in the morning with hardly any hesitation. Drives like a dream in the snow. I'll never NOT own an Audi again. I
  • 2001 Audi A6 Quattro
    wilkie, Houston, TX, November 27, 2010 11:47
    At 54k the Quattro needed to be completely replaced (had to fight Audi to get some help with the $12K bill). Now with 130k, the Quattro is again showing signs of a problem. Local shop seems at a loss for what to do next. Engine, suspension & steering, interior are all AWESOME. Still tight as new and not a single squeak. Brakes are overly dusty and exhaust needed replacing at about 120k.
    dnelson4, Colorado Springs, CO, November 25, 2010 02:23
    I bought my 1999 Audi A6 Avant at 90K and it needed to have the coolant fan, timing belt, ball bearing on front right axle, and some other stuff replaced. Since purchasing the car for $8,600, I have paid almost $4,000 in various repairs (about $500 was due to vandalism), but after all of that it drives like a charm. A smooth, quiet ride with a hefty get up and go for a ten year old car. I also live in icy Colorado, and this is the best winter car I have ever driven (My previously owned Jeep Cherokee and Ford Explorer pale in comparison). The interior could be better with some cheap plastic parts coming loose in the back and my trunk is now broken and won't stay open (the station wagon has a very heavy door on the back). All things considered, I would highly recommend if you can afford the repair costs and need a solid, bad weather car.
  • 2007 Audi A6 Quattro
    Visitor, Lakeville, MN, November 03, 2010 08:44
    Love my 2007 3.2 A6 Quattro... bought it with 45k and just passed the 66k mark. Its a great car.
  • 2002 Audi A6 Quattro
    bmoner, Wayne, MI, September 05, 2010 11:14
    I purchased a 2002 A6 Quattro witjh 164K miles. It needed a battery when I purchased it and after replacing the battery, I went to Auto Works and have a free diagnostic done on the vehicle and determined that I needed an alternatoer. Other than this repair I have had no other issues with this car. Best investment of 4K that I could have made. I wish I had found an Audi before the other vehicles I owned.
  • 2006 Audi A6 Quattro
    Visitor, Upper Marlboro, MD, June 23, 2010 07:11
    I LOVE MY AUDI!!!!!!!!!!
  • 2001 Audi A6 Quattro
    Gear head, Saylorsburg, PA, May 19, 2010 21:02
    2001 Audi report I bought this car from my next door neighbor who moved away with his daughter to a mid western state & I bet he's kick’n his donkey since he sold me this MACHINE. I replaced both cats at 67K (covered 100% by Audi). The breaks normal W & T, but now 3 of the 4 ball joints on the front passenger side need replacing now @ 91K. I changed the spark plugs & now back to premium growling shape. I'm getting between 24 to 26 mpg average with 89 octane @ this time and I know the car can do better than what is registered on the dash and has plenty to go. You feel like a sports car driver it holds the turns very well & can get going when needed. If I bought this new I would have asked for a V8 only because of its weight. The car was recalled for a front light electrical wiring issue and now I'm down 1 low beam since the fix. I don’t want to brag but it beats other AWD cars in the snow just ask my wife. Who came to get her from her stuck new SUV AWD and gave her the keys, waved to her as she drove away without a care with the Audi. It took me 2 1/2 hrs to get home after getting it out of the 6" of snow which it had a problem moving through and I lived only 4 miles away, I should have walked it could have been faster. Really it’s a great car just follow the service recommendations and have a credit card with a high limit to cover the service costs.
  • 1998 Audi A6 Quattro
    Visitor, Hastings, MI, April 12, 2010 17:33
    I bought my first Audi a couple weeks ago and my lust for this fine piece of german engineering has yet to wane. Sitting in the leather bucket seats feels like a cradle and the perfect climate control coupled with seat warmers make this car almost too comfortable. The sleak lines on the inside make you feel like you're in a cockpit and all the buttons and fancy gauge cluster solidify this feeling. The stock BOSE stereo system with casette player, 6 disc cd changer and Audi/BOSE subwoofer leave nothing to want for normal music enthusiasts. This system bumps, and big time but could be easily upgraded with a better amp. But honestly who would mess with a bose system with 8 total speakers including tweeters and excluding sub. Turn the key to unclock the door long enough and all the windows roll down. Turn to lock long enough and all the windows close, even the sunroof. Unecessary, very. F**king awesome you betcha. The 2.8 is very fast and with that Audi exhaust that grunt at right around 3,000rpms is orgasmic. The car feels heavy seeing as its a small v6 for the added weight of the quattro (all wheel drive). Also the brakes feel like they could stop faster, harder, quicker or something. The brakes is really the only sore topic for me. Steering is great for all wheel, unrivaled control and the suspension feels like floating on a cloud. This vehicle is all about luxury and the price to buy and fix shows it.
  • 2006 Audi A6 Quattro
    Visitor, Naperville, IL, April 03, 2010 11:19
    just awesome!!! engine 4.2
    perfect-audi-weather, Kent, WA, November 20, 2009 09:58
    I have had this car for almost 3 1/2 years now. Bought it used at 119k miles and have since had a couple of the 100k problems expected with normal wear and tear. We have put a little over 60k miles on quattro since we adopted her and still love it. The interior allways impresses, and I would and have reccomended this car to a friend. Friend finally saw the light and hung up the subaru keys for and Audi. Got 10" of snow last year, and I was the only one in a small 30 unit condo community that made it out of the lot and into the roads. Great ride, excellent handling, and it is allways, perfect Audi weather. Don't get one if you like to use weather as an excuse to play hookey from work. These things will get you almost anywhere. Pavement or not! Now remember kids, if it isn't an Audi that you're driving, it should be. Keep that in mind the next time mother nature gets a little messy...
  • 2000 Audi A6 Quattro
    lawmen, Atlantic Beach, FL, October 16, 2009 05:32
    Except for some minor repair problems which are associated with normal wear and tear of usage, this is a fine automobilr. We love it and are happy that we purchased it in 2007.
  • 2002 Audi A6 Quattro
    sramkar, Norcross, GA, October 04, 2009 18:41
    Not a great car.
    Audi A6, Johnston, RI, August 17, 2009 08:25
    Great car - perfect for long distance travel