Audi A4 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Audi A4
- Ignition Coil, Ignition Wires, and Spark Plugs May Fail
- Oil Leaks From Camshaft Chain Tensioner and Valve Cover Gaskets
- Rainwater May Accumulate in Plenum Tray Due to Clogged Drains
- Check Engine Light Due to Vacuum Leaks, Oxygen Sensor, or Catalytic Converter Fault
- Premature Wear in Multi-Link Suspension Components May Cause Noise
- Replacing crank position sensor
- Ticking noise when car is off pass side rear seat.
- Car starts but will not engage (automatic). engine sounds rough. Exhaust poor em
- going into gear but is not catching the gear enabling it to move.
- Air conditioner turns on for a couple of seconds and turns off blower also!
Audi A4 Problems
An ignition coil or spark plug may fail unexpectedly resulting in an engine misfire and possible illumination of the Check Engine Light. Vehicles equipped with spark plug wires may also develop a misfire caused by a failed spark plug wire.
Clogged drains can allow rainwater to accumulate in the plenum tray (at the base of the windshield). The water may leak into the vehicle's interior, brake booster, or electrical components, which can lead to major problems. Our technicians recommend keeping the tray clear of leaves, pine needles, and other debris.
Audi A4 Questions
Intermittent problem generally first thing in the morning. Engine is running rough and car shakes all over. Engine appears to be flooded. Black smoke and strong smell of unburnt fuel out of exhaust emmission. Switch engine off and restart seems t clear the problem. Could it be faulty ejectors/ign...
My car was stolen 9 days ago, it was found 300 miles from home and is disabled according to the impound lot, they have said that it's able to go into gear But does not seem to be "catching" the gear after it is put in not enabling the car to be moved. What could be causing this prob...
Engine light wen on code says is the knock sensor
Audi A4 Recalls
In a crash where the first impact deploys the side air bags and a second impact occurs in the front of the vehicle, the front air bags may not deploy. Dealers will update the air bag control unit software free of charge to correct the concern.
Audi A4 Reviews
just got this car approximately 3 months ago. apparently the TCM is bad. the transmission is very weak and driving at 30 mph the damn car is already on 6th gear. very weak on take off ynless i hit the gas pedle all the way. and even then the transmission is confused. durinig automatic down shift the car transmission kinda bumbs as it goes into first gear. sounds like the TCM (transmission contr...
i bought my A4 less then 2 years ago and haven't had to many problems - except a new timing belt at 60,000 a new coolent system and sensors - water tank - and fuel pump - also had some electrical problems a random wire was running from a 10amp fuse to a 15amp fuse - really???? It accelerates on its on.. and it is very exspensive to fix.. i love the car - but will probably never buy one again..
catalytic converter nightmares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!