Audi A4 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Audi A4
- Ignition Coil, Ignition Wires, and Spark Plugs May Fail
- Rainwater May Accumulate in Plenum Tray Due to Clogged Drains
- Premature Wear in Multi-Link Suspension Components May Cause Noise
- Oil Leaks From Camshaft Chain Tensioner and Valve Cover Gaskets
- Check Engine Light Due to Vacuum Leaks, Oxygen Sensor, or Catalytic Converter Fault
- No acceration car will do 40 mph max no revs no power to the foot acceration
- Check water light came on today???
- my car only runs in reverse why
- Why my turn on the light because of the oil when it accelerated to 2000 rpm in my 1999 Audi A4 2.8
- Why my oil turns on when accelerate after 2000 rpm please help me thanks
Audi A4 Problems
An ignition coil or spark plug may fail unexpectedly resulting in an engine misfire and possible illumination of the Check Engine Light. Vehicles equipped with spark plug wires may also develop a misfire caused by a failed spark plug wire.
Clogged drains can allow rainwater to accumulate in the plenum tray (at the base of the windshield). The water may leak into the vehicle's interior, brake booster, or electrical components, which can lead to major problems. Our technicians recommend keeping the tray clear of leaves, pine needles, and other debris.
Premature wear in various multi-link suspension components can cause noises that are difficult to diagnose. Worn suspension parts can also cause uneven tire wear and create steering alignment problems.
Audi A4 Questions
Check water light came on. I checked water reservoir and it appears to have plenty. I know nothing about cars. I bought the car used so I don't have a manual or anything on the car to reference. Help!!!!! Its a 2006 A4 Audi Cabriolet Convertible. Thanks soooooooo much!
i had cylinder 3 coil go and i replaced, 2 days later i had cylinder 4 go and replaced it. Car is running okay but not 100% and I want to replace all for with OEM. What is the official PN for the replacement?
The car has just a bit over 100k miles on it, clean record and no accidents. This would be my first Audi to own if I were to buy it, so I don't have enough info about it. Any advise on buying this car, engine performance, reliability and maintenance. I was wondering what will I be looking for...
Audi A4 Recalls
Audi A4 Reviews
just got this car approximately 3 months ago. apparently the TCM is bad. the transmission is very weak and driving at 30 mph the damn car is already on 6th gear. very weak on take off ynless i hit the gas pedle all the way. and even then the transmission is confused. durinig automatic down shift the car transmission kinda bumbs as it goes into first gear. sounds like the TCM (transmission contr...
i bought my A4 less then 2 years ago and haven't had to many problems - except a new timing belt at 60,000 a new coolent system and sensors - water tank - and fuel pump - also had some electrical problems a random wire was running from a 10amp fuse to a 15amp fuse - really???? It accelerates on its on.. and it is very exspensive to fix.. i love the car - but will probably never buy one again..
catalytic converter nightmares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!