Ford Q&A

2007 Ford Fusion Question: Any luck holding Ford accountable?? I have the same transmission problem...

JASTSP, 3.0L V6, Franklinton, LA, September 28, 2011, 08:35

I have an 07' Fusion with 109,000 have 6 payments left and the car died on me yesterday in morning rush hour traffic!! I also had the bucking at picking up speeds now no car! It is going to cost me out of pocket $4700. plus tax for a 50,000 3yrs new transmission!! Like I just so happen to carry and extra $5000. around with me in this HORRIBLE economy!!! If Ford has all these people with the same problem why haven't they fixed the problem?? I have a child that was traveling with me and the car just died and I could of as well from being rear-ended by someone that didn't have time to stop when my veicle just died!!! Yikes think Ford needs to look into the situation and help the people that are affected and I am sure there are MANY MANY more that just went and had the problem fixed and didn't do any research. I am in Louisiana does anyone know of a cheap route to go down here?? In need of my car back, already lost my job because of this.... =(

1 Answer

September 28, 2011, 08:54

first of all, service of the car is the owners responsibility. you need to have the fluid change at the intervals suggested by the company.if you dont, then the process of failure has started.
    i have not heard of this being a real issue with these models.
    anyway, it sounds like it lost the torque converter. 5000 is way too much for this repair. if i were you, call a trans shop for a bid and you will see that it runs around 1500-1800 depending on hard parts. dealers are very high and in this economy, you need to do your homework for the best price.
    no, ford will not be held accountable with the age and the mileage.

JASTSP, September 28, 2011, 09:33

I understand service is my responsibilty but how could all of us have the same problem with our Fusions and it not be a problem?? I did take my car to a transmission company and there price is $4800. plus tax for 3yrs 50,000 miles or $3800. Plus fluids n filter then tax fir 12,mons. Ford is $4500. plus tax 3yrs unlimited miles. I have been calling around an nothing cheaper. :(

mastertech6371, September 28, 2011, 09:44

it is not only in the ford line but other lines as well. mechanical things made by humans break. I was just on e bay and found many of them for around 600-800 and up to 1000. they have 90 day warrantys and are worth looking at.
    check with a trans shop and see how much they want to install it. remember, they will not warranty anything as you provide the parts.

JASTSP, September 28, 2011, 10:52

Thanks Roy!! I saw a few on Ebay as well not sure I picked the correct one but believe so, I called shop and asked if they would put it in and they said no, they only deal with parts they can trust. :( I even asked about rebuilt units.... I am getting no where. They said my pump broke down causing all the problems. When it comes to things like this being a woman bites sometimes because I am not educated in cars.... But I can cook!! Now I guess I have them put the car back together, have it towed and figure something out. When it rains it pours!! Thanks Roy for your advice!
    Jackie

mastertech6371, September 28, 2011, 11:18

keep calling around. you will find someone