Hi guys, I have a 2005 X5, 4.4i with 114,000 miles. I have a received messages from "trans failsafe prog" to "4F 85 EGS: Ratio Monitoring, Clutch E. I have no idea what exactly is going on with this car. The dealer had told me that I needed a new transmission. I had it rebuild instead but it's still acting up. There is a slight delay before the reverse gear kicks in. If you press the car a little hard while on reverse, I would switch to neutral. Additionally, stop and go traffic has become a nuisance now because the car is making this clunk noise like someone just rear bump me or something. The car really take a long time to respond when trying to accelerate to change lane on the highway. I don't know what left to do. Has anyone ever experience something similar?
Any idea what this message means, "4F 85 EGS: Ratio Monitoring, Clutch E" on 2005 BMW X5
This week's top 10
Recent BMW X5 Questions
- Code P0171-174 changed all fuel injectors, upper oxygen sensor, valve head gaske
- Power steering, pulley or pump? Makes screeching noise.
- I have a 2004 bmw x5 4.4 I want to know how do i turn the 4x4 OFF
- the a/c is blowing hot air and reset button won't work. replaced power control
- The car when I drive more than 30 minutes star shaking but it not motor in the
2005 BMW X5 Estimates
- AC Condenser Replacement ($622 - 794) in Seal Beach, CA
- Brake Pad Replacement ($206 - 273) in New Martinsville, WV
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Waterloo, NY
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($563 - 776) in Radersburg, MT
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($184 - 226) in Hornell, NY
- Variable Valve Timing Control Solenoid Replacement ($442 - 865) in Vici, OK