Hi guys, I have a 2005 X5, 4.4i with 114,000 miles. I have a received messages from "trans failsafe prog" to "4F 85 EGS: Ratio Monitoring, Clutch E. I have no idea what exactly is going on with this car. The dealer had told me that I needed a new transmission. I had it rebuild instead but it's still acting up. There is a slight delay before the reverse gear kicks in. If you press the car a little hard while on reverse, I would switch to neutral. Additionally, stop and go traffic has become a nuisance now because the car is making this clunk noise like someone just rear bump me or something. The car really take a long time to respond when trying to accelerate to change lane on the highway. I don't know what left to do. Has anyone ever experience something similar?
Any idea what this message means, "4F 85 EGS: Ratio Monitoring, Clutch E" on 2005 BMW X5
This week's top 10
Recent BMW X5 Questions
- What causes the Transmission Failure Warning to come on?
- Would you recommend purchasing a 2003 BMW X5 with 172,000 miles on it?
- can you replace the fuel pump w/o replacing the fuel sensor
- What is wrong as the Windows go down when car is cranked.
- Code P0171-174 changed all fuel injectors, upper oxygen sensor, valve head gaske
2005 BMW X5 Estimates
- Oil and Filter Change ($74 - 140) in Seal Beach, CA
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($405 - 521) in New Martinsville, WV
- Alternator Replacement ($559 - 923) in Waterloo, NY
- AC Compressor Replacement ($987 - 1,341) in Radersburg, MT
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($26 - 56) in Hornell, NY
- Engine Mount Replacement ($519 - 655) in Vici, OK