Hi guys, I have a 2005 X5, 4.4i with 114,000 miles. I have a received messages from "trans failsafe prog" to "4F 85 EGS: Ratio Monitoring, Clutch E. I have no idea what exactly is going on with this car. The dealer had told me that I needed a new transmission. I had it rebuild instead but it's still acting up. There is a slight delay before the reverse gear kicks in. If you press the car a little hard while on reverse, I would switch to neutral. Additionally, stop and go traffic has become a nuisance now because the car is making this clunk noise like someone just rear bump me or something. The car really take a long time to respond when trying to accelerate to change lane on the highway. I don't know what left to do. Has anyone ever experience something similar?
Any idea what this message means, "4F 85 EGS: Ratio Monitoring, Clutch E" on 2005 BMW X5
This week's top 10
Recent BMW X5 Questions
- the a/c is blowing hot air and reset button won't work. replaced power control
- The car when I drive more than 30 minutes star shaking but it not motor in the
- Bulb socket melted due to heat. Can it be replaced?
- I changed the battery in my vehicle and now it turns over but won't start.
- noise from fan. it gets really loud. coming from front of vehicle. could this be