Any electrical problems with 2009 2500HD Silverado on 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD

The first thing that happened was unintended acceleration, turned out to be the floor mat sticking under the accelerator. Then there is the turn signal switch will return after making a turn, however the blinker stays on and sometimes will switch over so that both blinkers are on. Then there is the engine light coming on and a warning to clear out the exhaust filter (this keeps happening no matter what), then there was the batteries going dead after sitting for a week, then there was when the AC was on the driver's side threw icicles out the vents and the passenger's side was blowing out extremely hot air, and sometimes the light that illuminates what gear the transmission is in will not come on unless you hit the sift handle a couple of times, and while driving for about thirteen hours hauling my 5th wheel camper I lost my headlights, they would only work on the automatic mode not the manual mode. And of course this is all on a sporadic basis. And I am being told by the dealer that I am a hypocondriac!!

by in Charlestown, RI on September 07, 2010
1 answer 1 comment
ANSWER by on September 07, 2010
the harness for your camper needs to be checked first. that could explain a lot of your electrical issues. the ac has a problem with too low low side pressre possibly from a bad low pressure cut off switch. not sure about the exhaust filter. it uses a sensor for flow that may need changing. the batteries need to be load tested separately. increasing there cca to 1000 may be your answer. Almost sounds like it is possessed. lol Roy
COMMENT by on September 08, 2010
Thank you for your reply, I will pass this on to the dealer. In addition I forgot to mention that the truck will pull to the left when it is brought to a relatively quick stop. Not a real jamb on the brakes type, but more like better stop befor I go through the caution light. And... I just had to have the front end lined up (25,00 miles) but cannot really blame the dealer for that. However my other two vehicle (Chevy) I drove for 50,000 miles and had them lined up just for general maintance due to new tires. Yes you are correct it is possessed and time for a new one, although this is a 2009