the person who owned the car before me installed a remote starter and wired it through the ignition switch and now my car wont start and it says anti-teft system.
anti-theft system on 1991 Cadillac Seville
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
June 30, 2009
The problem will need to be diagnosed. It's possible that the remote starter system is causing the problem, but it's hard to know for sure. You can try disconnecting it and seeing if it resolves the problem, but be careful that the wiring is not damaged when removing the remote starter system.
Verified for the Cadillac Seville40 reports
2 answersJanuary 28, 2011
1 answerAugust 18, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Cadillac Seville Questions
- Fuel gage don't work i had fuel pump replace and hasn't worked since
- Engine keeps running hot, I put coolant in and I believe it is leaking into x
- Fuel pump and filter have been changed now it will start and idles then die
- engine wont crank-security light is on-it is the security system it starting a couple of times & than would crank again -same problem all over again.how do I bypass security system??
- The instruments tach, temp, speed, gas on my 1996 Seville don't work. I had it checked by rebuilder and it bench tested OK
1991 Cadillac Seville Estimates
- Air Pump Check Valve Replacement ($140 - 202) in Lambert, MS
- AC Condenser Replacement ($407 - 513) in Golden, MS
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($162 - 218) in Dahlgren, VA
- Radiator Replacement ($606 - 909) in Laramie, WY
- Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement ($20 - 25) in Rosedale, LA
- Drive Axle Assembly Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in Hustle, VA