I have a 98 Chevy Malibu and during a fuel filter repair some idiot stripped the cap and now the filter is loose and will not fit, I took it to a machanic and he want to charge close to $300 and the parts are cheap but the labor charge is like $200! Is this a fair price or am I being ripped off because I'm a young lady and they think I do not know any better?
Am I being ripped off by a mechanic? on 1998 Chevrolet Malibu
Asked by for the 1998 Chevrolet Malibu
- 5 Common Reasons Why Your Car May Be Shaking
- Car Diagnosis Made Easier With RepairPal’s Symptom Guide
- Honor, Courage, Commitment: Read Jacquie's Story About Finding A RepairPal Certified Shop When She Needed It Most
- Don't Want to Get Ripped Off on Car Repairs? Ask These Five Questions
- Should You Have to Pay for Diagnostic Fees?
This week's top 10
1998 Chevrolet Malibu Estimates
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Whiteclay, NE
- Radiator Replacement ($505 - $689) in Adolph, MN
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($225 - $309) in Manchester, MA
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($177 - $296) in Pittsburg, CA
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($94 - $114) in Greenback, TN
- Vibration Diagnosis ($61 - $78) in Eckman, WV