I have a 98 Chevy Malibu and during a fuel filter repair some idiot stripped the cap and now the filter is loose and will not fit, I took it to a machanic and he want to charge close to $300 and the parts are cheap but the labor charge is like $200! Is this a fair price or am I being ripped off because I'm a young lady and they think I do not know any better?
Am I being ripped off by a mechanic? on 1998 Chevrolet Malibu
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Malibu Questions
- What is the difference in generation 1 and generation 2 rear knuckles
- will not start
- when I start my 2003 Chevy Malibu it makes a loud knocking noise.
- How would you know the differences if misfiring because of a coil pack or valve
- So I have a p.o. code 128 and 118 I have replaced thermostat, ECT sensor, and
1998 Chevrolet Malibu Estimates
- MAP Sensor Replacement ($155 - $193) in Whiteclay, NE
- Sway Bar End Link Replacement - Rear ($168 - $198) in Adolph, MN
- Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($90 - $120) in Manchester, MA
- Spark Plug Replacement ($186 - $253) in Pittsburg, CA
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($239 - $252) in Greenback, TN
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($177 - $291) in Eckman, WV