I recently purchased an Alero. The car keeps overheating. I have replaced the radiator, coolant resevoir tank and has a new thermastat. I am constantly pouiring antifreeze in the coolant tank. There are no leaks. The car goes nearly two blocks then overheats. I wait five minutes then release the pressure from the coolant tank then go another two blocks. I was told to bleet(?) it but that part(?) is missing. Any idea what I need to replace at this point? Any insights are helpful. Thank you.
Alero keeps over heating. on 2000 Oldsmobile Alero
Asked by for the 2000 Oldsmobile Alero
1 more answer
2 answersMarch 21, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Oldsmobile Alero Questions
- Why is power steering fluid not running through the system? Easy fix?
- heater/ac, and stereo display/buttons all quit (fried).do I need New dash kit?
- blower motor resistor connector on my 2001 Alero Supposed to have
- My power window is stuck halfway up. How can I get the window up temporary?
- the climate control system does not turn on. no air blowing ou o any selections
2000 Oldsmobile Alero Estimates
- Alternator Replacement ($463 - $590) in Caulfield, MO
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Damar, KS
- Door Window Regulator Replacement ($257 - $397) in Middle Falls, NY
- Air Filter Replacement ($55 - $85) in Leroy, MI
- Pre-Purchase Car Inspection ($105 - $134) in Grafton, WI
- Ignition Control Module Replacement ($286 - $383) in Lake Lillian, MN