air suspension problem on 2004 Mercedes-Benz E320

the right side is low. error "stop car too low". the raise mode must be on or else it makes loud squeak noise. had car towed to local shop. what can i expect to pay for such repair. what exactly will they need to repair? hose? the car is drivable

by in Glendale, CA on April 20, 2009
2 answers 1 comment
ANSWER by on April 21, 2009
This could be a problem with the air shocks, which is pretty common, from what I've heard. Unfortunately, if it is, the parts are very expensive--they can be more than a thousand dollars per shock.
ANSWER by on November 17, 2010
it looks like it can be your air suspension. Mine went out on me with my Mercedes and it was too expensive so i bought a conversion kit from Strutmasters.com and now i dont have to worry about any of it anymore. And i couldnt be more happier.
COMMENT by on April 07, 2013
Did you repair that yourself? Really need your answer. Thank you!
Santa Barbara that will diagnose the problem without charging me? I think it is a special suspension system on my "Sports Model". High mileage (172k) and low funds make me think it's not worth the ...
Rear air springs (bellows) may develop leaks, which causes the air pump to run more often to maintain ride height. Our technicians recommend that leaking air springs be replaced.
Over the last 4-5 days my E320 has lowered itself almost to the ground. More so on the rear than front and more so on the pass side than driver? Any ideas?
I need a cost for a 2003 mercedes e320 sport Parts: Hydroneuamtic, front strut arms with bushings (2), hydromount, nut Labor Aeromatic strut, Ball Joint replacments front error codes 5500 and...