air pump problem? on 2007 Toyota Tundra

check engine light came on,toyota garage put new part on,worked good 2 days ,check engine light came back on, lost all power, Toyota garage has it for 8 days now and all they say is that the part they put on is not working with the system. Could you tell me what it could possibly be, I dont think they know , by their reaction, thanks Ken

Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
2 answers
If the check engine light is on it has to have a Diagnostic trouble Code (DTC), so in order to be able to help you I need to know the code, which is 4 digits starting with the letter P and the dealer should give it to you. By saying all power lost what exactly do you mean (power as electrical or drivability)?

If it was a P2445 code then it is the air pump.
There are two of them. Mine had water in one of them. I went to the Toyota dealership and they wanted $1071 each. That was just for the part. The labor was extra. I disconnected the air pump and the check engine light still comes on but the truck doesn't go into limp mode. At least so far.