Air conditioning problems. on 2006 Volvo S40

My A/C sometimes will not work, especially on hot days. On colder days however, my A/C will work perfectly though it isn't much needed. On hot hot days when i need it most, it just blows hot air. HELP!

by in Moreno Valley, CA on September 27, 2010
1 answer
ANSWER by on September 27, 2010
You'll need to get this looked at by a shop to determine what is wrong. There are many possibilities so a diagnosis is needed. Here is some info on what the shop will do to diagnose this:
air condition cool just 15 min then blows just regular air can't find problem, did test compressor fine , blower fine
My check engine light is on so I had it diagnosed. The mechanic didn't give me the code but he says I have an air leak somewhere. It was at 12.5%. My s40 is burning more fuel than usual and I can s...
When the car is being driven (not idle) and has been running about 20 minutes, a sound like a fog horn in the distance happens. It is with the air conditioning on and the fan on high. If I turn d...
I bought a 100K miles Volvo s40 2004 and have diferent issues: Hard start ( almost 15 seconds to start), when in cool ( after nightrest, teh engine sounds no good until down revs to 0 but did not s...
The fuel pressure regulator can leak and cause a hard start condition, without any faults recorded in the engine computer.