2001 Volkswagen Beetle Q&A

2001 Volkswagen Beetle Question: Air conditioning problem

The air conditioning on my beetle only works at high speeds and when I stop the compressor turns off. Anyone knows what could be the problem. I have already charge the system. -
When you say "high speeds", are you referring to the vehicle speed or the blower fan speed? -
Comment 1
Vehicle speed. Just as soon as I stop the air stops and just as soon as move again the air works and it ids cold. -
Comment 2
Could be a loose belt.Check belt for tension.When was the last time you changed belts? -
I have the same problem - a/c clutch only engages at about 1800rpm and above and blows nice cold air . when the RPM drops below 1500-1800 the clutch dissengages and air gets warm (of course) - A/C pressures are normal when engaged, static pressures are normal as well. Fan's work correctly, no blown fuses. CTS is reading accuratly. NOTE - No CEL or codes , no fast idle when cold, no fast idle when A/C button is depressed. HELP! -
when turning on air car seem to want to cut off
New brakes, new tires, regular maintenance. I was very impressed with how well it was maintained. Has 155,000 miles on it. No new money needs to go into the car. However, there is some sort ...
I recently had a free air conditioning check up as it was blowing warm air. I was told I need a specialist to look at it as there was a pressure build up. Does anyone have an idea what the problem ...
In my wife's VW Beetle, the air does not blow very cold for the first 5-10 minutes, then seems to kick in and blows cold. We had service done within the last 2-3 weeks and the freon was topped up, ...
how much will it cost to replace an air compressor?