When running my air conditioning, the air comes out cold on the 2 passenger side vents but warm on the driver side vents. Had a local mechanic check it and he said it might have a small leak in the evaporator core. He told me the cost to replace this would be $1,500. Yikes. I told him to just "recharge up the freon" or whatever the stuff is in there and hopefully this will work for now. Is this how much it should cost to replace such an item? Ouch.
Air conditioning cold on one side/warm on the other. on 2004 Toyota Avalon
Asked by for the 2004 Toyota Avalon
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Avalon Questions
- Will not starting the car for 4 months harm it. It is under a shelter.
- When I put a new battery in the car all the lights started flickering while
- When using my heater the center console gets extremely hot and painful to touch
- How do I go about changing the back 3 ignition coils.
- My windshield wipers don't return to the stored when on intermittent or when
2004 Toyota Avalon Estimates
- Rear Main Seal Replacement ($781 - $1,023) in Kanorado, KS
- Radiator Replacement ($375 - $909) in Atlanta, IL
- AC Condenser Replacement ($373 - $631) in Las Vegas, NV
- Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($158 - $196) in Prospect, TN
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($132 - $168) in Opolis, KS
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($608 - $959) in Angie, LA