we had the engine replace, because after rewiring it was having problems starting, so we started off by replacing the battery, starter, alternator, then the low oil pressure light came on .. no compression so we replace the engine, now the security light comes on. this was the problem prior to replacing those listed parts after we had a mechanic do a full rewiring, which was done first, then replaced the engine now the car starts, wont start sometimes and then start, but cannot be driven due to the security light. could it be a cross of wiring? or is there a way we can reset the security system? it can be started manually from the engine but it wont start the gas pump.
After replacing Engine, Security light comes on causing starting problems on 2002 Pontiac Montana
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Montana Questions
- How do I fix error code B0162 for 2002 Pontiac Montana?
- My inside lights do not come on when I open door
- why would the transmission make a loud bang going down the road
- The back brake on the passenger side is sticking after you stop and start again
- my Montana is over heating with vapor coming out the exhaust
2002 Pontiac Montana Estimates
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($140 - 313) in Lynchburg, VA
- General Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in La Madera, NM
- Maintenance I ($97 - 149) in Fordsville, KY
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($277 - 360) in Fair Oaks, IN
- Engine Leak Inspection ($88 - 111) in Dodson, MT
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($276 - 433) in Ojo Feliz, NM