My alternator died , i had my mechanic put a new one and also a new fuel pump.It is not a subaru dealer and he checked it with his computer and can not find anything showing being a problem. Also the car has a problem starting i have to press the accelerator pedal quickly then wait 3 sec. and then turn the key and it will start right off. My cruise control does not work anymore and the light stays on as well as the check engine light.
After changing the alternator the check engine light is on and stays on on 2005 Subaru Outback
Asked by for the 2005 Subaru Outback
This week's top 10
Recent Subaru Outback Questions
- Briefly lost acceleration, check engine light on and cruise light flashing...
- Lights come on but won't start?
- I smelled gasoline in the garage when I went out yesterday. Stronger nowi
- ABS, Brake and traction control are lost in wet icy weather?
- replaced alt. and battery batt checked ok 12.60 vot now have no electrical
2005 Subaru Outback Estimates
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($293 - 451) in Trenton, MI
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($579 - 696) in Tanner, AL
- Brake Pad Replacement ($151 - 235) in Dickinson Center, NY
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in Kent, PA
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($46 - 237) in Guthrie, TX
- Tire & Wheel Assembly Rotate & Balance ($79 - 100) in Medford, MA