Acura TSX Reviews

Acura TSX Reviews and Owner Comments

I Love my 2005 TSX however like everything the car has its wear and tear problems. For the most part, Arcua in Pembroke Pines are great! A little pricee but the service is top notch. I had to replace my air conditioning system about 3 years after i purchase the car but i thank God for my extended warranty. I paid a $100 for the repairs. The air flows great and never had any problems thereafter. I also needed to replace the motor in one of my window which I thought that was ridiculous but guess what, it was under the warranty as well. I replaced my timing belt chain but that wasn't so bad because Service Department worked with me and give me a good price. This is my second Acura and i am a loyal and long time customer. I'm a single young lady therefore I trust Acura with my Car but i don't know about there pricing, at times. With that being said i believe that the Company should take that into consideration when you have supported the Dealership as a value customer. There should be a little more discounts at the cash register for loyal and dedicated customers!! Overall, I appreciate the Service Department and how they provide good customer service with such professionalize. My Service Rep (Jean Louis) is great!! He is a professional all day, everyday!! he is very knowledgeable and very patience. And I really appreciate all of his efforts when explaining whats and whys of the repairs process. He is consider to be a great asset to the Arcua Dealership in Pembroke Pines, Florida. Thanks again to Jean and his team at Arcua. Ms. Byrd
after the car was in a minor accident, (fence) the seat belt locked up and was replaced by me. the "airbag" light blinks and stays on constantly. after asking the acura corporate, they will not repair or replace the srs unit b/c it was in a accident. however, the airbags were NOT deployed since it was a very minor accident. acura corporate was NOT helpful and it was like dealing with insurance companies. i've owned honda, vw, bmw and saab and this was the worst experience from a customer service compared with other companies. they won't budge and will not use common sense.
An affordable luxury car with nice features, but not a driver's car. The steering is so numb sometimes it seems like a chore to keep straight on the freeway. The brakes are horrendous and super sensitive which leads me to believe this combined with the bad rear break pads creates an issue! Only at 25k and dealerships are lying to me about replacement so they don't have to pay. Pretty sure they are worn out. For the price it's a great car - I can't deny that. Find a BMW/Audi loaded up with xenon lights, bluetooth, heated seats, programmable seats, home link, etc. at 30k. Gas mileage is pretty good for the most part 21 city/30 highway - EPA estimates are right on target. Worst MPG I have ever gotten was after a NYC blizzard last year subzero temps 16 MPG city / 24 MPG highway but that's VERY rare. Even if your a lead foot. Annoying battery has already died on me 3 times - Honda/Acura always have issues with their batteries for some reason. Always at the wrong time. Will be going German for my next car. I think Japanese car reliability is overrated. If i'm going to deal with annoying problems like this in a 36 month lease I might as well do it with a car i'll enjoy while driving. BTW all these problems have occurred in under 2 years and I don't put on a lot of miles
Very happy with my TSX. But a warning if you do turn it on let it run for at least 2mins. If you turn it on then right off, it will be very difficult to get it back on. For what ever reason it kinda floods the engine with gas. I had to learn this the hard way. I commute to NYC for work & I use a parking garage, like most garages in NYC they move your car frequently to make room for more cars. So I had to tell the parking attendants this little fact because they were having trouble getting my car started.
purchased my first new car in 09/2010 acura tsx it is now 11/11 and had to replace rear brakes already...i am not happy with this at all and i only have 17000 miles. when brought to the dealerships attention they are unable to explain why this happened that maybe i was driving with the emergency brake on..lol really am not that dumb so now i am out $150...
2006 6 speed MT w/ Navi I was driving on the freeway and a "Check Emissions System" and "Check VSA system" flashed alternating from one to the other. I turned the car off then the VSA system warning light went out and it was still flashing "check emissions system". I parked my car for 1/2 hour with the car off. When I restarted it the lights where gone. I took it to the Acura dealer and explained to them what happened and they said it was that the battery had been drained and recharged and upon recharge the system went a little haywire. So the following day the warning lights returned. This time I took it to the Scott Robinson Honda Service Center in Torrance. They plugged it into the machine which gave them some warning code that they think means that the "computer" needs to be replaced. They said that they cannot be sure because they specialize in Honda but if they were to replace it it would cost $1,000.
Good car...a step up from my '98 V6 Accord, though lacks the torque of my old Honda which I drove 220k miles. Very refined, but a little 'glitchy'...can't seem to find replacement wiper blades that don't blow off in a stiff breeze. Steering - tight - like a euro sports sedan. I got a nod from a euro-driver when I had to make a sudden move to keep from taking out someone stopped in a left-hand turn lane who started to change his mind and pull back into traffic...quick turn to the right, then left was praiseworthy from the guy behind me in a Beemer...got a 'thumbs up'. Acceleration is good in the high rpm range, but if you're already cruising at highway speeds, don't expect to impress anyone...lots of 'noise' but little action...my Accord with 220k would still snap my head back. Lots of luxury features which is a blessing and a curse; I had to buy a 'yellow-cap' batt because the thing sucks current like a rock-band playing a concert in a small stadium...5 minutes listening to radio - NPR, not a rock station - and the battery is dead...too much electronics...getting ready to trade her in for a Volvo H30 Turbo...clean lines...fewer problems...nice car, Acura...but not ready for prime-time, and the newer ones are a complete departure from this concept...drove an '11 all weekend...heavier...steering more ponderous...better acceleration but prone to understeer and bad torque can cause you to lose control on single-lane country roads...could use a suspension mod from stock, which would probably bottom out all that pretty plastic they use for the lower skirt. Having owned one for a year, I can say I've tried the luxury sport sedan from Japan...a lot of nice features but not a driver's car...too much to go wrong. However, if you're a girl who likes a 'pretty' car with lots of buttons to push, who doesn't know torque from engine rpm's, this is the perfect ride and your wife/girlfriend/significant-other is sure to reward you with something extra-special when you hand her the keys...possibly for years to come if it's like other Honda/Acura products. Just be prepared to fork over a lot of $$ when something breaks...in that case, is she really worth it? Only you can decide.
The dash control lights blew a fuse for HVAC type controls just below the nav screen. Thankfully it was a recall item and the dealer fixed it no problem. I have 68,000 miles and the front suspension is starting to creak just a tiny bit. The interior is rock solid. So creaks, cracks, or squeaks. Everything works as expected. The driver's seat is starting to show some age in the leather but I guess that is expected for a 6 yr old car. I have only owned for two years and 20k miles but have paid for no repairs. Only maintenance such as tires, oil, filters, etc. One thing to note, the ride is a wee bit rough as it is a sportier car.
Rear brakes gone less than 25000 miles now no heat in middle of winter, can feel heat but fan does not work first honda product we have purchased, we have 3 toyotas and this 2009 TSX. I doubt if I will ever buy a Honda product again.
150,000 miles later it's still a great car. I had to change the clutch and starter when the car hit 130,000 miles. The only major problem I had with it was the cooling system. A/C compressor was changed three times (due to faulty parts) n condenser was changed once (luckily, I only had to pay once for parts and labor) and, of course, it doesn't seem to work as well as it did before.
Pros: Great blend of economy and performance. Beautiful interior and exterior. Good handling. High quality beyond its price. Cons: Fragile. Paint scratches, chips and fades like none other I've seen. Went from red to orange during my ownership despite fanatical attention to it. Tan leather began to show blue marks around seams -- dealer blamed my blue jeans, but investigation uncovered manufacturing problems. Parking bumps on plastic bumper areas looked terribke and would have been expensive to fix. Leather marked easily.
Love this 2007 TSX bought it 2 months ago runs like a charm, fun to drive, smooth ride, lots of leg room for the driver for a small car.
I love this car. Bought it with the Automatic and NAV. I grin every time I get a chance to drive it around a narrow windy country road. It is quick and comfortable and looks sharp. I get great gas mileage with the 4CYL. 25 city and up to 34 Highway. It is rock solid at 115 MPH on the open highway the few times I've been dumb enought to do that! No problems in 63,000 miles. Always dealer serviced. Brakes lasted about 30K on my 2nd set. Tires last about 50K. Both my wife and I drive it pretty hard. Premium gas is a must for good performance. 2009 models now are larger and come with an optional 6CYL. I can't imagine the trouble I'd be in.
Handles, runs & drives great!!! 28MPG. Navi just quit. A/C compressor imploded the following week. 130k miles on my 04.
Very nice car. Great looks, fit & finish, and sporty ride quality plus the 4-cyl gets great gas milage while still making 200+ hp.