Reviews for Acura RSX years:

Acura RSX Reviews and Owner Comments

Acura RSXOwner Reviews (8 reviews)
  • 2005 Acura RSX
    Visitor, Hesperia, CA, January 30, 2012 09:06
    I purchased my 2005 RSX type S brand new with 3 miles on the Odometer. I have parked it in my garage, and I have pampered it, and I must say that overall I am happy with the car, sure it has road noise and it is a bumpy ride, but it is a sports car with stiff springs and the shocks and bushings are stiff. I will say that overall the car has been wonderful performance wise, with the exception of the air conditioning, which is parasitic and when you live in southern California it is a must, and it really eats your gas mileage. Also, the paint is crap, I only have 49089 miles on my car, it has been parked in the garage most of it's life and the roof is a lighter tint and the clear coat is turning flaky and white and peeling off, also my gear shift leather is wearing along with the leather in the seats, other than that, I don't have many complaints other than I just ordered a new battery about an hour ago. Overall a good car, just not the best paint job.
  • 2003 Acura RSX
    Visitor, Colorado Springs, CO, May 25, 2011 10:23
    I currently own a 2003 Acura RSX. The mechanics at Acura found galling on one or more cam shaft lobes in my engine. The symptoms of this problem are loss of engine power and a noticeable, louder than normal, clicking/tapping noise from the valve cover area. This is a significant issue that has caused me great concern.After doing a little research I see a trend w/ the early K-series and a lot of other owners with same pictures - rumor seems to be problem w/ heat treating process during manufacturing on camshaft. Though, I can't validate that, most goes unnoticed since valve adjustment typically isnt until 110k miles and at that point, the response you will get is that your vehicle is no longer under warranty.
  • 2004 Acura RSX
    Samsonite79, San Francisco, CA, May 03, 2011 17:22
     Technician
    Excellent track car after all the modifications I made to it. Plus it's a gas sipper, but gas guzzler when I step on it. :-)
  • 2002 Acura RSX
    ATCNJ, East Brunswick, NJ, January 15, 2011 03:22
    92000 miles now since new. Poor dealership service for Check Engine Light--on--replaced Air Flow Sensor--solved problem @ own cost of $300. Parts more expensive than other imports. No problem for last 40K. Looking for long term ownership for another 50-60 thousands miles.
  • 2003 Acura RSX
    Visitor, Sedalia, MO, May 03, 2010 09:56
    i have a 03 acura rsx type s . car is nice shifes smooth has 70k on it had it for 3 year the most time i hit vtec is like 5 time a mouth doont really race it. every fast.
  • 2006 Acura RSX
    Visitor, Sedona, AZ, April 21, 2010 09:37
    I purchased this car used in 2010 and it had at the time 57000 miles on the odometer. First the pluses: great acceration and handling, good gas mileage, attractive body stlyle. Now the negatives: poor exterior paint quality, fades and chips easily (in the body shop getting painted as I write this), ride is quite harsh with high road noise levels, and seats can be uncomfortable when driving for an extended period. I've owned one other Honda, and it was reliable, and I don't expect this one to be any different.
  • 2006 Acura RSX
    DogLeg, Rancho Cucamonga, CA, September 23, 2009 17:20
    06 Type S. The car has been well maintained yet dr. seat leather sticthing failed; shift boot cheap vinyl flaking off; shift knob losing images. 63k and the engine oveheated on the freeway with no warning. I pulled the pan and there are fried bearings. I had leased the car for 3 years then bought it. This happened a week later. Its in the drveway ...I think the cranks ruined.
  • 2002 Acura RSX
    matte, Oakland, CA, January 19, 2009 08:47
    This is a terrific car--they should just call it an Integra. The RSX is fast when you want it to be, and fun to drive. Practically no maintenance issues, and great gas mileage.