Acura RSX Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Acura RSX
- Why is my clutch service so often and so bad, as serviced by Curry Acura?
- SRS lite is on. Tell me what I should check normally I buy parts n take them bk.
- Why won't my headlights work at the same time with good guses and bulbs
- My air conditioner doesn't work. What do I do?
- The green key light is flashing on my dash. but my key starts the car no problem
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
Acura RSX Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate because the hydraulic valve that controls the engine valve timing stops functioning correctly. A failed engine timing valve will require replacement.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate because a valve in the emission control system stops functioning correctly. requiring replacement.
Acura RSX Questions
Does my compressor need replacing?
I saw the question about a 2005 and it said the key would not work. Does it apply to the 2002?
My acura RSX's SRS light has been about a year after I bought it used in 2009. Repair places have turned the light off but after a few months it will come back on. I'm think it has to due with a Faulty Wire Harness For the passenger's side seat belt.
Acura RSX Recalls
The braking system uses an assist device called a brake booster. These vehicles use a brake booster that is operated by engine vacuum and in certain cases the booster may not be able to maintain a vacuum when the brake pedal is depressed. This will result in reduced braking assistance, requiring additional force on the brake pedal to stop the vehicle. Dealers will inspect the brake booster and replace it as necessary.
Honda has recalled 2006 Accord, Civic, CR-V, Element, Insight, Odyssey, Pilot, Ridgeline, Acura MDX, RL, RSX, TL, TSX, and 2007 Honda Fit vehicles because the contact information for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is listed incorrectly in the owner's manual. Honda is contacting dealers and customers to provide them with a postcard containing the correct information.
Acura RSX Reviews
I currently own a 2003 Acura RSX. The mechanics at Acura found galling on one or more cam shaft lobes in my engine. The symptoms of this problem are loss of engine power and a noticeable, louder than normal, clicking/tapping noise from the valve cover area. This is a significant issue that has caused me great concern.After doing a little research I see a trend w/ the early K-series and a lot of...
06 Type S. The car has been well maintained yet dr. seat leather sticthing failed; shift boot cheap vinyl flaking off; shift knob losing images. 63k and the engine oveheated on the freeway with no warning. I pulled the pan and there are fried bearings. I had leased the car for 3 years then bought it. This happened a week later. Its in the drveway ...I think the cranks ruined.
This is a terrific car--they should just call it an Integra. The RSX is fast when you want it to be, and fun to drive. Practically no maintenance issues, and great gas mileage.