Reviews for Acura Legend years:

Acura Legend Reviews and Owner Comments

Acura LegendOwner Reviews (12 reviews)
    Visitor, Miami, FL, February 04, 2014 17:57
    I RECENTLY BOUGHT A '93 LS 4dr WITH 187000 MILES ON HER. SHE SHOWS HER AGE WITH MINOR DINGS, DENTS AND SCRATCHES, LEATHER CRACKING AND SOME "ON THE BLINK" ELECTRICAL ISSUES SUCH AS DRIVERS SEAT SWITCHES INTERMITENT/ABS WARNING LIGHT ON/BRAKE WARNING LIGHT ON,(BUT BRAKING ACTION IS EXCELLENT) AND THE BOSE RCVR LIGHTS AND AMPS NOT WORKING PROPERLY. I DO NOT KNOW IF THE TIMING CHAIN HAS BEEN REPLACED. GOLD PAINT IS EXCELLENT CONDITION (MUST HAVE BEEN GARAGED KEPT). I HAVE A FEELING IT WAS A "WIFE'S CAR". I KNOW SHE'S GOING TO COST ME BUT I LOVE THE CAR SO MUCH I'M WILLING TO PAY TO KEEP HER RUNNING. I ONLY HOPE I CAN FIND PARTS. WOULD LIKE TO FIND A SOUTH FL. LEGEND OWNERS GROUP.
    Visitor, Garnet Valley, PA, November 21, 2013 01:12
    My engine is overheating, i have changed radiator and change gasket and even top cylinder grinding.the thermostat have been removed and the fans are ok, wot else could be causing an overheating in this engine? i dnt want to change this car. The water pump is working fine. pls i need a help.
  • 1991 Acura Legend
    Visitor, Thorntown, IN, May 11, 2013 17:39
    the only way it starts is u hold the key two the right of the on .. help please
  • 1994 Acura Legend
    Visitor, Vicksburg, MS, June 26, 2012 18:14
    my brake lights will not go off I try a new brake light switch
    Visitor, Fort Lauderdale, FL, December 03, 2011 08:16
    I am the 2nd owner of a 4 door Acura Legend L with 70,000 miles,,,its like riding in heaven..however the body need rust work..original owner must have live on Fort Lauderdale Beach, have debated whether to fix for 2,500.00 as rust is like cancer is will return..being laid off job wise, I have to drive in into the ground
    Visitor, Miami, FL, August 27, 2011 14:55
    i have a 93 acura legend ls, and i love my car i being working on it for a year now, and it needs a head gasket, but it runs great, sometimes i dont turn it on for 3 weeks and when i do it start right up, my car needs lot of work, and it will take me a year or two to complete, doing all interial, and body, i am taking my time cause i know its worth it, these is a great car, and i enjoy working on it , so much to do , but all parts are in internet, and yes they are expense,
    Visitor, Redwood City, CA, April 04, 2011 19:27
    Purchased 1990 Acura legend v6 L in 2000 for $5,000, its one of the gold color ones you often see in california, it had 50k miles now it has 208k had to replace the transmission two years ago. other than that it's a great car, the air cond and ventilation is fair, but the car is fast, big turning radus, and handles nice, parts are expensive if you maintain it it will last,, it's getting old and near the end of it time, thinking what car out there is similar to replace it? Look under the hood I have never seen such a complex looking engine,wires , hoses, tubs etc.....
    Visitor, Lawrenceville, GA, March 13, 2011 17:16
    The Acura Legend is easily the most comfortable car I have ever owned, but it still has suspension tight enough to leave you confident in performance driving situations. For it's time the Legend was miles ahead of the competition and was largely responsible for the creation of the Japanese built luxury car market. As a highway cruise I couldn't imagine a better car to choose. The biggest drawback of the Legend is it's tendency to blow head gaskets. This is a common and well known problem with the second generation Legend and the first generation of the 3.2 V90 engine that they used. Anyone considering purchasing one of these cars today, should have it thoroughly inspected by a competent mechanic that they trust implicitly especially if the previous owner doesn't have paperwork showing that the car has previously had the head gasket or entire engine replaced. Even that is no guarantee and one should anticipate that this issue could be a problem in the future. Other concerns for this model include, typical Honda clear coat paint fade, leather upholstery that really is too soft to wear well over the life of the car, and a double sized cassette deck (on those models without the optional CD player) that is difficult to replace with aftermarket components. Additionally repairs tend to be expensive as this is considered a luxury car, and a fairly complicated one at that. In other words don't expect any old shade tree mechanic to be able to repair it, and don't expect to find replacement parts for cheap.
  • 1994 Acura Legend
    woowash, Upper Marlboro, MD, January 25, 2011 22:24
    this car is very good i will give it 10 stars
  • 1995 Acura Legend
    SkinnyP, San Antonio, TX, April 03, 2010 13:32
    1995 GS, 205k miles, Great car. Small things over years have stopped working; auto door locks, stereo (Bose) sounding fuzzy, some wind noise at window seals. Overall - engine runs great, quiet, trans shifts smooth, suspension is sound corners and tracks well. A/C that will freeze you out. 2 aftermarket garages with Honda cert. mechanics that are way cheaper than dealer and will install parts I purchase. Going to drive it into the ground cause its worthless via bluebook...
    Peter Joseph, Madison, WI, May 12, 2009 09:46
    It is actually a 1988 model. Have owned this for 11+ years. 191 K miles. Still running good. But the accessories are starting to fall apart (21 years later :)) Not worth much in the market. Priceless to me :)
  • 1991 Acura Legend
    Patriot777, Freehold, NJ, March 20, 2009 15:43
    Original owner here. Drove over 250 k miles and it still ticks. Over the past18 years the car has performed wonderfully with minimal general maintanence and tire replacement. I wish I could buy it brand new again. In the meantime I wish to restore it to its original condition. Interesting, I get offers to buy the car from many of the younger drivers in the area, they say its a great car to supe up. Maybe I should do that???