While driving the car the RPM are extremely high and the car continually increases speed without my foot on the accelerator. I have to keep my foot on the brake to stop the vehicle to stop it and even after turning it off, the engines starts off reving high RPMS go to 4 and I have to shut off the car and it still doesn't decrease. What can I do?
Accelerator Sticking on 2004 Ford Taurus
Asked by for the 2004 Ford Taurus
1 answerFebruary 15, 2011
1 answerJuly 10, 2014
1 answerSeptember 23, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- Car is leaking from around water pump but is not the water pump! Firestone said,
- I spilt soda all over the middle console 10 min. later the heater went crazy?
- Codes that are showing are p0351 and p0353. Says ignition coils A and C.
- how to program the cluster on the dash
- Where exactly is relay for fuel pump. I am a DIY techy but can't find it.
2004 Ford Taurus Estimates
- No Start Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Iola, WI
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($101 - $178) in Moore, MT
- Rear Main Seal Replacement ($806 - $1,063) in Vining, IA
- Brake Pad Replacement ($142 - $230) in Stoutsville, OH
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($109 - $197) in Parkersburg, IL
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($1,163 - $1,703) in Steeles Tavern, VA