I have the same trouble with my Ram...the truck idles fine, it has the normal pulling power it always has, but while accelerating...all of the sudden nothing happens when you push the accelerator. We were told it was the Accelerator Position Sensor, and that we could put it in ourselves, but the part is $500. Do you know where we can buy the part, other than the dealer? The dealer is quoting $500 for the part alone.
Accelerator Position Sensor on 2004 Dodge Ram 3500
Verified for the Dodge Ram 35003 reports
2 answersFebruary 23, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 3500 Questions
- 3500 shut off at a light. The truck turns over but wont start. What could it be?
- erratic and intermittent loss of power in brake system
- My batteries wouldn't charge so I wired in a external voltage and it worked for 6month then quit charging again , this time the alternator was bad.
- Truck idles fine. But upon acceleration it goes to full throttle but then throttle starts to drop and black smoke start coming out of the exhaust.
- My automatic transmission will go in reverse but not forward after I pushed in two wheel drive after using 4x4