I have a certified mechanic looking at my A/C. I have had my Cadi for 5 yrs and it runs great. Now I am spending money on the air conditioning. I am up to $700 on air compressor, dryer, orifice tube, refrigerant and labor. Everything is back together but still no air. It runs its cycle like its supposed to but there is still no air. The evaporator core had a leak and it was replaced. Now there is another leak. Can't find it though.
A/C unit on 1990 Cadillac DeVille
Asked by Visitor for the 1990 Cadillac DeVille
ANSWER by user91328 ,
June 15, 2010
if you have a certified tech looking at it, did he install dye in the system to check for leaks. that is the first step before replacing anything to determine any and all leaks. i would start from scratch and get it diaged correctly before spending another dime.
Verified for the Cadillac DeVille140 reports
2 answersDecember 09, 2011
1 answerJanuary 09, 2012
0 answersJanuary 09, 2012
3 answersJuly 25, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Cadillac DeVille Questions
- My brake pedal is very soft and to the floor, braking slow, No fluid in lines
- What could cause my car to do this.
- heater blows cool air does not heat up. All coolant levels are good. What do I
- 1999 Cadillac Deville, completely shuts off when coming to a stop.
- started fast idle ICM was the problem, put used 2001better but still runs rough?
1990 Cadillac DeVille Estimates
- CV Boot Cover Replacement ($390 - 484) in Sidon, MS
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Elverson, PA
- Air Filter Replacement ($68 - 91) in Grenville, NM
- 52,500 Mile Service ($115 - 172) in Millville, NJ
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($241 - 273) in Wadsworth, NV
- Powertrain Control System Diagnosis & Testing ($44 - 56) in McCammon, ID