No matter were switch is set the a/c compresser keeps run'n......unplug at clutch and it quits......was going to add toggle switch to control power to clutch?
A/C runs all the time on 2002 Ford Escort
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
July 01, 2009
If you are going to install a switch, you need to make sure it has an amperage rating that can handle the current draw of the compressor, otherwise you risk an electrical fire. The better solution is to try and fix the problem without altering the vehicles wiring.
2 answersJuly 10, 2014
3 answersApril 03, 2013
2 answersOctober 16, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
2002 Ford Escort Estimates
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($280 - 359) in Acme, WA
- Heater Hose Replacement ($140 - 196) in Lambert, MT
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($225 - 292) in Mentmore, NM
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($88 - 182) in Stark City, MO
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($312 - 530) in Harmony, ME
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($567 - 614) in Valley Falls, KS