No matter were switch is set the a/c compresser keeps run'n......unplug at clutch and it quits......was going to add toggle switch to control power to clutch?
A/C runs all the time on 2002 Ford Escort
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
July 01, 2009
If you are going to install a switch, you need to make sure it has an amperage rating that can handle the current draw of the compressor, otherwise you risk an electrical fire. The better solution is to try and fix the problem without altering the vehicles wiring.
3 answersApril 03, 2013
2 answersJuly 10, 2014
2 answersOctober 16, 2010
2 answersAugust 08, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- I have a 1993 ford escort was driving down the ran out gas car died and will not
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
2002 Ford Escort Estimates
- Knock Sensor Replacement ($94 - 206) in Acme, WA
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($284 - 365) in Lambert, MT
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($210 - 293) in Mentmore, NM
- Radiator Fan Assembly Replacement ($262 - 530) in Stark City, MO
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($66 - 79) in Harmony, ME
- Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement ($25 - 30) in Valley Falls, KS