2004 GMC Envoy Q&A

2004 GMC Envoy Question: A/C problems

I have a 2004 Gmc Envoy when I turn on the heater the compressor clutch stops then starts again, also at the same time the idle on the truck changes and tries to stall. It does heat also when I use the a/c it does the same. If I crank the heater to high the engine shuts off. -
It sounds like an idle air control problem the engine's electronics controls the idle speed. If the power train computer senses electrical load, steering load or air conditioning load on the engine this effects the engine speed and the computer bumps up the engine idle speed. A failure in the idle speed control system or a vacuum leak can effect idle speed. Under certain conditions the powertrain computer shuts off the a/c. -
Ever since I changed my battery the first time I cranked it up,when I turned on the a/c it idles down and has went dead.It will crank back up,but seems like it does it when the compressor engages,l...
The a/c works find when the engine is running at traveling rpm but when the engine goes to idle, such as at a stop sign, the engine shuts off. This happens every time we use the A/C. Please give me...
Running the A/C puts so much water onto the passenger-side carpet, it has to be blotted up with a towel and wrung out.