2006 Ford Escape Q&A

2006 Ford Escape Question: A/C problems

I put the refrigerant guage on Low side and it fluxuates from 5 psi to 60 psi. I can't get a good reading, because the clutch cycles on for 3 to 5 seconds and off for 3 to 5 seconds....Is this part normal? It blows warm air. I tried charging it, and I can see the line sweat, but only warm air comes out. WHAT CAN IT BE?.....orifice or clutch? -
the system has a problem. the low side will fluctuate as the clutch engages and dis engages. you need an ac shop that can check the system for you. if it is low freon, then you need to find the leak and have it repaired, then charged. if it is anything else, they will be able to identify the problem and give you a bid. please be careful as freon is nasty stuff that can hurt you if you get it on you or your eyes. Roy -
Comment 1
Thanks Roy I know my system has a problem. I'm trying to narrow it down. I've checked the "cycling switch", the high pressure switch and Low pressure switch, and they all work. I do Residential HVAC, but never done a car. It's like there's an abstruction not allowing the evaporation. I'll keep looking in to it. I know there's No Leaks -
Comment 2
ok so you know this stuff, good. check the dryer for icing. does the low pressure drop below 25lbs? if it does then you may have something clogged. the orfice tube is in the high liquid line from evap to condenser. this is a common failure. i would start with a liquid line, dryer vacuum and charge and see what happens. Roy -
Is it necessary to replace A/C dryer when replacing A/C compressor motor?
Had ac charged, was full with 143a ,no leaks, at a stop is cold,but whin you take off it starts getting warmer.
At a stop my a/c blows warm, but when I accellerate, it works fine. WHAT'S CAUSING THAT?
A/C intermittenly blows cold then hot. Suction line from port forward was cold but from port to accumulator was warm. High side was at 75, no higher. Help!!
I have a 2002 Escape that has developed a skipping problem when taking off but no check engine light is on. The car also has a bad noise coming from the steering. Had it in the shop on the steering...