2005 Acura RL Q&A

2005 Acura RL Question: AC problems

Hi--I have a 2005 Acura RL, and just recently have been having issues with the air conditioning. When I start the car sometimes the car will get cold, sometimes it won't. I took my car to a supposedly reputable honda/acura mechanic, and he said that I need a new compressor and that would cost ~1500$. First, can the compressor be bad even if the car ac works intermittently (I was guessing it would be a electrical issue). Second, is $1500 a unreasonable cost to replace the compressor? -
This will need to be inspected by a good Climate Control Diagnostic person. I would get a second opinion, and yes $1500 is a bit out of line for an Acura Compressor repair/replacement. The new factory part costs $821, a new receiver dryer is $55 so that is REALLY expensive labor, again get a second opinion. here is an article that we at RepairPal.com have constructed to help you with this process. http://repairpal.com/air-conditioning-diagnosis -
I recently had ignition switch replaced. Since then,my ac and heat work sporadically. They work fine when on but go on and off randomly. Radio does same thing. I have noticed the ABS light goes...
where is the ac relay located?
ac not working.no blower nothing
It's not the AC Dryer, Condenser, Expansion Valve or the Air Compressor. These have been replaced?
I've got an 09 Acura RL and I'm getting a message that reads "Check Radiator System". When I turn the AC on the car’s temp skyrockets and the other day the car even overheated in traffic (I guess b...