AC problem big one on 1996 Volvo 960

Hey all... i'm new here. But i have a problem with my car that the ac it does not come cold only when i'm fast and if i was pressing the gas the air stop coming from up and start to come to my legs.(some times hot and some times cold air) and when i'm speeding and i remove my leg from the gas the air start to be cold and strong

by in New York, NY on November 22, 2009
1 answer 3 comments
ANSWER by on November 23, 2009
Hi mamous, This is a common problem with the 960's. What is happening is that the airflow is being diverted away from the center vents as you are accelerating, and this is due to a vacuum leak in the a/c control system. It is most likely the dual diaphragm vacuum motor that controls the airflow to the center and floor vents. You'll first need to have the entire vacuum system checked to make sure there isn't any other leaks, but if it is the one I mention, it is a very big job that can take a long time, 5+ hours. You'll want to take this to an experienced Volvo shop, they will have dealt with this before.
2 people like thisFlag inappropiate
COMMENT by on November 23, 2009
Thank u man soo much... But here- I live in Saudi Arabia. We don't have experienced Volvo shop (even the main company) they Suck. Thank u soo much i will try to fine a experienced Volvo shop in Saudi Arabia ^^ Thanks man.....
COMMENT by on November 23, 2009
Your welcome! Let me know if I can help with any other info! I imagine A/C in Saudi is very important!
COMMENT by on November 23, 2009
Yes ... We really need it.. or we milt there :) And i have some other big and large problem that there is a sound in the motor. When u accelerate it goes out but it is really bad noise (like ur driving a Hilux) but if u have an email u can give me i will give u a video or a voice of the machine. ^^(if u have a visit one of the Gulf countries ur more than welcome here) And i will show u around.... (and i'm not from Saudi Arabia, I live there But i'm from Jordan) my father words there .... and i'm 17 years old :)