A/C Problem on 2005 Nissan Pathfinder

Why does my a/c work when driving, but not when stuck in traffic or parked? 2005 Pathfinder LE

by in Bronx, NY on July 01, 2009
2 answers 1 comment
ANSWER by on July 02, 2009
It sounds like either your system is low and does not circulate properly when the Nissan is idling in traffic or the A/C compressor is weak and only works when it is turning at faster engine speeds.
COMMENT by on July 06, 2010
Had the same problem, topped off the coolant reservoir......problem solved! But wait, why was the coolant low?.......the missing coolant was leaking into the transmission and vice-versa. Several 1k miles later the transmission failed. Had it rebuilt $$$$$. Now I need the rear u-joint replaced. ..........I think for your 2005, it is just a matter of time. If everything still seems to work fine, I would get rid of it as soon as possible.
ANSWER by on October 16, 2010
sound like your low on freon.
my 1992 pathfinder has A/C but wont turn on, no light turns on and the blower wont turn on eather.... i cant find any fuse or relay for the A/C.... what do i do????
My truck A/C goes out every so often. It blows really cold air when its running but all of a sudden it doesnt cool. I depress the AC button for about 5 minutes then turn back on and its working....
looking from the front of my pathfinder whitch port do i connect too in order to charge my AC with a can of 134 refrigerant?