2006 Honda Civic Q&A

2006 Honda Civic Question: A/C Problem

My Civic will blow hot air under any type of acceleration. It's like the a/c shuts off and the heater gets turned on full. This lasts for about 5 - 6 seconds, then the a/c will come back on again. The service advisor(s) at Honda say this is supposed to be that way. I have my doubts. Any thoughts? Thanks. -
If you put the 'pedal to the metal' so to speak, then yes the A/C WILL disengage. It is so the engine has more power. Since you live in a real hot area, the air will feel warm, while your are 'on the gas'. How long has this been going on with your car? How long since you had your A/C serviced. It could be low, which will enhance this sympton. -
i just had the timing belt changed and before that never noticed any sound from my car. Now when I have the a/c on, there is this high pitched hum (for lack of better description) any ideas?
when i first turn a/c on, makes high pitch screeching sound that fades out; doesnt just stop, noise fades. i will turn a/c off during drive, then on again when it gets too hot..i hear this noise wh...
A/C won't blow cold air. Went through mechanical fixes and checked the AC relay. When taken out and bypassed the A/C worked but with a new Relay in even, the air does not blow cold.
When my A/C compressor kicks in there is a sound that sounds like the fan is hittting something. I turn off the A/C and spin the fan and it's not hitting anything. It's a creaking sound that is onl...
the a.c. in my 96 honda civic has stopped working, it doesn't even make a sound when i switch it on, the a.c. light does go on but that's all. yesterday it made this soft sputtering noise and that...