A/C Problem on 2006 Honda Civic

My Civic will blow hot air under any type of acceleration. It's like the a/c shuts off and the heater gets turned on full. This lasts for about 5 - 6 seconds, then the a/c will come back on again. The service advisor(s) at Honda say this is supposed to be that way. I have my doubts. Any thoughts? Thanks.

by in Glendale, AZ on June 27, 2009
1 answer
ANSWER by on June 28, 2009
If you put the 'pedal to the metal' so to speak, then yes the A/C WILL disengage. It is so the engine has more power. Since you live in a real hot area, the air will feel warm, while your are 'on the gas'. How long has this been going on with your car? How long since you had your A/C serviced. It could be low, which will enhance this sympton.
i just had the timing belt changed and before that never noticed any sound from my car. Now when I have the a/c on, there is this high pitched hum (for lack of better description) any ideas?
when i first turn a/c on, makes high pitch screeching sound that fades out; doesnt just stop, noise fades. i will turn a/c off during drive, then on again when it gets too hot..i hear this noise wh...
A/C won't blow cold air. Went through mechanical fixes and checked the AC relay. When taken out and bypassed the A/C worked but with a new Relay in even, the air does not blow cold.
last week had my 09 Civic inspected and washed. They sprayed air freshener in my cabin filter. On the way home noticed the A/C was blowing cool not cold and A/C Max was not working at all. The Refr...
When my A/C compressor kicks in there is a sound that sounds like the fan is hittting something. I turn off the A/C and spin the fan and it's not hitting anything. It's a creaking sound that is onl...