the clutch on my a/c clicks off intermittently when I turn on the a/c. It will not run long enought for the compressor to come on. What is the problem?
a/c problem on 1999 GMC Sierra 1500
BEST ANSWER by Jim Taddei ,
February 22, 2011
You may have a faulty pressure cycling switch, located on the a/c accumulator of your 1999 GMC Sierra 1500. If you tap lightly on the pressure switch with a screwdriver handle and the compressor turns on, replace the switch.
3 answersAugust 03, 2015
Verified for the GMC Sierra 1500111 reports
2 answersJuly 06, 2014
1 answerMay 08, 2015
1 answerJuly 03, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Sierra 1500 Questions
- Can I replace a regular 4.3 motor with a 4.3 vortex. From a 2001 blazer into a 2
- Can I put a motor from a 2001blazer into my truck. The blazer has a vortex
- Transmission went out price on new
- while driving down the rd my headlights and dashboard turns off.
- Why is GM not issuing a recall to fix the passlock system for free?
1999 GMC Sierra 1500 Estimates
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($59 - 80) in Allen Park, MI
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($289 - 447) in Oregon House, CA
- Heater Control Valve Replacement ($113 - 162) in Perry Park, KY
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($322 - 430) in Duffield, VA
- Brake Hydraulic System Bleed ($70 - 89) in Flicksville, PA
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($218 - 269) in Annapolis, IL