Does the dash have to be removed to replace the evaporator?
Ford Q&AAsk Your Question
2006 Ford Fusion Question: A/C evaporator replacement
Answer #1goodguysdiesel from Good Guys Diesel, February 25, 2011, 09:50Journeyman
Removal and Installation
* If an evaporator core leak is suspected, the evaporator core must be leak tested before it is removed from the vehicle.
* Installation of a new A/C desiccant cartridge is not required when repairing the air conditioning system except when there is physical evidence of system contamination from a failed A/C compressor or damage to the A/C desiccant cartridge.
1. Remove the heater core and evaporator core housing.
2. Detach the wire harness from the heater core and evaporator core housing.
3. Remove the 15 evaporator core cover screws.
4. Separate the 2 halves of the heater core and evaporator core housing.
5. Remove the dash panel seal.
6. Remove the evaporator core.
7. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
o Lubricate the refrigerant system with the correct amount of clean PAG oil.
Replyfastfords, February 25, 2011, 12:28Rookie
Thanks for the quick reply! I am assuming the dash does not need to be removed to perform this replacement?