Chevrolet Q&A

1997 Chevrolet Corvette Question: A/C Compressor problem

krlenn, Artesia, CA, August 05, 2009, 22:09

Looks like my A/C compressor seal is gone-looks like castor oil all over floor under compressor AREA- major noise when A/C clicked on--Do you work on A/C problems? My VIN is 1G1YY22GOV5106887

Thanks Ken

1 Answer

Russ August 07, 2009, 10:01

We are not a repair shop. Our website is designed to provide automotive information free of charge to anyone who wishes to use it. You will find repair estimates on our site related to the replacement of the a/c compressor on your 1997 Corvette. You can also find listings of local repair shops in your area with customer reviews and rankings available. I hope you will find our website helpful in getting your a/c system repaired.

Visitor, August 02, 2010, 21:32

hi i own a 2006 ford explorer i had my truck in for service as i was going on a trip serpintine belt was checked as of all flids a/c pressure done all checked as good 400 klm later belt broke over heated cutting a/c hose had to be tow 600.00 dollars later for tow 80 klm to a dealer checked all replaced belt 247.00 later and told to go to my dealer when i get back home i had to check coolant their was none put in i got the ford dealer to put in coolant im i covered some how for repairs yet to be done from my home dealer ty johnny o