My ac compressor suddenly made a loud noise and seemed to shake. Stopped using it, but when I turn it on to test it the pulley wheel has a noticlble wobble, this does not occur when the ac is off. I'm assuming the compressor needs to be replaced, but is it safe to drive as long as I don't turn on the ac. The pulley wheel spin freely when the car is idling.
ac compressor on 1997 Honda Accord
ANSWER by Russ ,
July 01, 2009
You should be OK for a while as long as you leave the a/c off. The pulley may have been damaged also. It is turning OK now but could cause a problem over time. There is really now way to tell how long the pulley will last. You are probably correct in assuming you will need a new a/c compressor for your Honda Accord.
Verified for the Honda Accord8 reports
1 answerJune 13, 2010
1 answerJuly 28, 2010
1 answerApril 22, 2015
2 answersMarch 26, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- The Lamp Light is on.is it something I can do to fix on my own or shop repair it
- My mechanic just change my coolant sensor it failed inspection but he said I have to drive it for eczema on of miles for it to reset is this true thank you very much
- I just had a cooling sensor replaced my mechanic said I have to drive it for so many miles for it to pass inspection why is this
- How can I be sure which transmission speed sensor I need to replace.
- what is a torque converter my check engine light is on and I was told
1997 Honda Accord Estimates
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in French Lick, IN
- Alternator Replacement ($228 - 440) in Idledale, CO
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($214 - 264) in Springfield, MA
- Ignition Switch Replacement (Electrical) ($129 - 275) in Oglethorpe, GA
- Engine Control Module Replacement ($643 - 1,105) in Centenary, SC
- Alternator Replacement ($382 - 830) in West Hartland, CT