My ac compressor suddenly made a loud noise and seemed to shake. Stopped using it, but when I turn it on to test it the pulley wheel has a noticlble wobble, this does not occur when the ac is off. I'm assuming the compressor needs to be replaced, but is it safe to drive as long as I don't turn on the ac. The pulley wheel spin freely when the car is idling.
ac compressor on 1997 Honda Accord
ANSWER by Russ ,
July 01, 2009
You should be OK for a while as long as you leave the a/c off. The pulley may have been damaged also. It is turning OK now but could cause a problem over time. There is really now way to tell how long the pulley will last. You are probably correct in assuming you will need a new a/c compressor for your Honda Accord.
Verified for the Honda Accord8 reports
1 answerJune 13, 2010
1 answerJuly 28, 2010
1 answerApril 22, 2015
2 answersMarch 26, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- It will turn over but not start sometimes it sounds like it catches to start don
- 1989 HONDA ACCORD//AFTER DRVING FRO ABOUT 20 MINUTES CUTS OFF
- the odometer characters are only half displayed
- 89 honda accord lxi/ parts is needed /discontinue parts/hose fuel strainer/
- what are the best tires for a 2010 Honda Accord Sedan?
1997 Honda Accord Estimates
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($101 - 164) in French Lick, IN
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($239 - 458) in Idledale, CO
- 7,500 Mile Service ($98 - 149) in Springfield, MA
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($133 - 339) in Oglethorpe, GA
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($247 - 358) in Centenary, SC
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($705 - 760) in West Hartland, CT