Ac blowing problem on 1995 Mercedes-Benz C280

the air conditioning blowing does not work well, the mechanic mentioned that there is a vaccume manifold that regulates the flow of air to the cabin. now the air blows only through the sides, sometimes the blow speed increases and decreases automatically. plaese tell me the name of the manifold or what ever it is that regulates the blowing of air so that i may look for a new one. or how i can rectify this problem,

by in Bellingham, MA on June 11, 2009
3 answers 5 comments
ANSWER by on September 03, 2009
Hi, did you end up replacing the manifold? Or was something causing the problem?
COMMENT by on June 17, 2010
yes replaced the manifold but no hope. when i hit the recycle button it works well but as it goes off, the blow of air reduces more than normal.
ANSWER by on June 17, 2010
The air blows more when I am an the express way. Could it need another cabin air filter?
COMMENT by on July 26, 2010
check to see what version software for your climate control. if i remember there is a TSB to upgrade version due to center vents not blowing. there is a procedure to do a diagnostic on the climate control, it will show current version. Google it. it could be vacuum leaks also. GL.
ANSWER by on August 24, 2010
I am having the same problem with a 97 C280. It is vaccuum leaks and the actuators of the flappers. Mercedes wants a lot (too much) to repair and replace. I just bought a manual to do it myself. Will post once I get it all changed out.
COMMENT by on September 26, 2010
I am having the same problem let me know if you get it fixed thanks..
COMMENT by on November 08, 2010
Hi Have you managed to fix this yet ? as i have same problem
COMMENT by on August 16, 2011
how much did they want to fix?
My ac and heat does not come out , it comes on and i see the temp reading but nothing comes not blowing. someone said i can tap on the blower motor, but i'm not sure where that is located. ...
A/C blows cold air, but the air kept switching by itself from the windshield vent to the center vents, and mostly blowing from windshield vent
The evaporator temperature sensor can fail, causing the AC compressor not to cycle. If the...
no ac it blows hot air
Hello, my a/c dont blow cold air. compressor works, freon is full. what could be wrong? i need advise