2001 Volkswagen Passat Q&A

2001 Volkswagen Passat Question: ABS problem

I'm 16 and just bought a VW passat 01 about to be 2 weeks ago. When i got into the car the sensor said that the ABS has a malfunction. I asked the dealer about it he said it was nothing i just put new breaks on and it shouldn't be a problem. I ended up putting $1000 down and owe 6900 still. A few days after having the car i was pulling out of the drive way and it failed to stop and the only way to stop it at this point was to put the E brake on. Called the Dealership they said they would have it towed to his mechanic. They came and bleed the brakes by hand and put a new ABS system in. I figured that the problem was fixed but the sensor still kept going off. I ignored it because i thought it would eventually read that it had no problems since i got a new one put in. Once i drove it the day i got it back from repair the warning of the ABS went away until i turned it off then back on. I thought i didn't have to worry about it anymore but yesterday i was driving and the brakes failed to stop again. I thought it needed more brake fluid since it was reading it had none i got some and it continued to have the same problem and whenever i would ease on the brake it had no resistance and would easily go to the floor. I just put it in the shop for a diagnostic to see what was wrong with it and Tire plus said it might be a problem in the core but i am not sure whats wrong with the module if anyone knows and thing similar to what happened to me and has answers please share it -
RepairPal lists the ABS control module as a common failure, and this would result in the symptoms you've been seeing: http://repairpal.com/volkswagen-passat-2001/common_problems It sounds like you need a competent VW technician to confirm that's the problem and put it right. A good tech can fix this for you, and the light coming on over and over means you have a problem that has not been fixed. The dealer who sold it to you and did not fix the problem should help you with the cost. -
the ABS control modules are a big problem, look at this info: http://www.modulemaster.com/en/abs/bosch53.php I imagine you didn't buy this at a VW dealer, is that right? Because they would be very familiar with this problem. The place you bought it should step up and pay for these repairs, and I would seriously consider returning the vehicle and taking your business elsewhere if they don't help out. Good Luck, it's too bad you have to go through this with your first car! -
What is an average time and labor cost for installing new ABS module unit in my 2000 Passat V-6? I have the part so I don't need a price for part. Thank you.
The anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module may fail causing the ABS light to illuminate. Failed modules should be replaced to restore ABS operation.
This item is not working on my car. It goes on when the car is warmed up but not moving. If it is cold, the dashboard light ABS/Brakes don't go on until it is warmed up. The repair is expensive--is...
i have been told that my 1999 vw passat needs to be fixed, the control module abs is not working properly... thats the reason why the abs light comes on and off when i am on the road as the parki...