I have a 2003 chevy suburban with 75000 miles on it. Recently I was making a left turn into a parking spot and when I did there was a slight grind and the feeling, pumping action, of the abs activating. Since then the abs light has stayed on. Any thoughts?
ABS Light on 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
Asked by for the 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
September 21, 2009
Yeah, sounds like the ABS was operating, and now there is a fault in the system. It's fairly common for the ABS pump to continuously operate, so if you hear it operating, you may want to pull the fuse out for the ABS pump motor. When this happens, it's generally a failing ABS Contoller, but get it looked at to know for sure.
Verified for the Chevrolet Suburban 150017 reports
Verified for the Chevrolet Suburban 150058 reports
Verified for the Chevrolet Suburban 150013 reports
1 answerMarch 09, 2011
2 answersFebruary 18, 2014
- 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Repair and Maintenance
- 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Maintenance Schedule
- 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Problems(29)
- 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Repair Estimates
- 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Q&A(94)
- 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Recalls(5)
- 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Shops
- 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Reviews(6)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Questions
- What does the vehicle do/act/respond) when the O2 sensors goes bad
- What cause your air not to work in the front and jus blow out heat? But workf fi
- Having irregular events whereby the electrical system goes completely dead!
- Older auto transmission, to service or not - if not serviced on schedule??
- i have replaced my fuel pump and fuel filter but truck still wont run....
2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Estimates
- Water Pump Replacement ($278 - $579) in Ulm, MT
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($440 - $826) in Clear Creek, IN
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($338 - $495) in Princeton, KY
- Oil Pump Replacement ($743 - $940) in Rankin, IL
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($414 - $874) in Hartville, MO
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - $78) in Darlington, MO